Blurry/Distorted tint problem

Guest Kody021

Guest Kody021

I had the windows on my 2015 VW GOLF tinted by a local shop and after I picked it up, I noticed that the drivers window appeared to be blurry/distorted look to it, when you look out the window at the mirror. I assumed that it would clear up, since all the other windows were clear. I waited a day and took it back to the shop that tinted the windows and the tinted said that it was moisture and it would clear up. It was Saturday and he said that if it did not clear up by Tuesday, mind you in 100* Texas heat,to bring it back and he would look at it.

Well needless to say it did not clear up, so I took it back and when I picked it up it appeared to be the same, but not as bad, so I figured that it would clear up. Well it has been two days and it is still not cleared up. The best way to describe what you see when you look through the window is almost a frosted/blurred effect, not crisp clean lines on anything! Can someone tell me why or what is causing this and how to get the tint shop to fix this issue?

Here is a picture of what the tint looks like.

http://instagram.com/p/safDdrNaRZ/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe something wrong with that roll? They could've cut that window last, then cut it again off the same roll. Doesn't look like an installation issue to me. Maybe some of the film gurus will chime in. The shop should definitely take another look at it though.

Archived