Sun tek

So, I used to use their film and had some scratching issues. Stopped using it completely last year after too many. Also, I read a bunch of bad reviews on here so I just didn't feel comfortable. Anyway, they called today with an appealing offer on future orders. Does anyone here still use it (carbon, cxp, hp) and have any long term experience?

I've had back luck with their films. Currently only use PPf-C only from them.

A shop I install flat glass for uses the HP for auto and all there flat glass line.... I hate everything about that Brand of tint but it installs and looks great. IMO it just fails fast

St hp is very inconsistent. Some of the cars I saw years later had color change, lines in the scratch coat and of course scratches. It failed on my car in just 3 months!!! I actually got a call from st asking why I use classic black. I told them it can't be beat for the money and that their standard don't even compare(they didn't and couldn't argue). They offered me a sample of hp and I said no thanks! They did send some standard film that is collecting dust now.

As far as the classic black I've seen on cars after 2-3 years. Zero color change and scratches!!! I've sample many films, global IS one of the best.

Lots of flat glass peeling and scratch coat issues. I have to use barely any soap and still have fingers and corners curl and its flat glass. Lol

I've never experienced that.

I'd be happy to offer an expert installation tuition if needed.

PS. Just had their new reps put their faces to their names yesterday.....that was nice.

Devil

Lots of flat glass peeling and scratch coat issues. I have to use barely any soap and still have fingers and corners curl and its flat glass. Lol

I've never experienced that.

I'd be happy to offer an expert installation tuition if needed.

PS. Just had their new reps put their faces to their names yesterday.....that was nice.

Devil

Hey Dev,

I was having the same issues when installing ST flat glass..

I have installed over 1.3 million SQFT of film in my time, so any expert tips would come in very handy..

My solution was to never use it again and it seems to have solved the issue..

Cheers

I guess that would solve that issue GTS. :lol

Devil :cool

It did..

I did try and use the bare minimum amount of slip possible, and tried to completely avoid installing in direct sunlight..

Also tried to clean my blue max on each pass...

In the end.. Just avoiding the film itself seemed to be the problem solved..

Shame... I do like the SYLR films..

IMO.. The race is on to produce a new age and revolutionary BOPP liner, as it seems to be silicon coated polyester liners that are the source of much of the issue.. So far Eastman are in the box seat. And the others seem to have given up?

Although, ST's scratching issues dwell from the colour being contained in the scratch coat... This seems to be why a scratch in St's films stands out so much..

Maybe now that Eastman own CLC.. They will look at improving these issues?

Archived