tint shop as a side business to start

Guest Alex Velasquez

Guest Alex Velasquez

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and wanted to see if I can get some feed back. I'm working full time as a writer at a dealer and see how much money is to be made Window tinting but don't feel comfortable enough to leave my full time job to pursue this full time. Would it be worth it pursuing this full time or part time to start off if I wanted to make money.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alex Velasquez

I did if for a year at a tint shop stop doing the installation and went over to the sales side selling commercial, residential and automotive but it's been about 2-3 years or so. Just want to be my own boss work from the ground up and make it happen.

I do plan on doing this myself don't want to buy a franchise. Have about 10k saved up thinking if I should try to brake the rust off myself or take a couple of classes to get into the grove again

Guest Alex Velasquez

Wife had another baby and needed more money and the shop where I was at didn't want to pay me what they promised me so I had to become a service writer which I make good money but not my own boss so I'm over it

Are you prepared to take the pay cut now? Starting this business isn't just going to be jumping in making 50k a year. Maybe stay back up as a side business first. If you're doing it for just the money you're going into the wrong business though.

Guest Alex Velasquez

Doing it because I would eventually like to work on luxury cars. Have my brother in Law that has a body shop working on high end cars so would use him for business. Also know there is really good money to be made. Tint shop I worked at before owner made some serious bank. Enough to have 3 nice luxury cars, put both brothers through med school and has nice house. Like everyone else I plan starting it off small and work my ass off to get up there

Archived