tint shop as a side business to start

Guest Alex Velasquez

Guest Alex Velasquez

I just wanted to see if you can become successful in the Window tint business besides that one person that I know. Because I just want to know if I should take the risks or pursue something else

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alex Velasquez

Not looking to get rich quick at all lol sorry if I came off that way. I know it's going to take me some time to get to where I want to be just wanted to get some feed back.

If your looking for recommendations especially working on high end cars? get into paint protection i have been tinting for 15 years and installing paint pro.. for 8 and  thank goodness I did i see the paint pro.. side growing every year although its more expensive the payoff is far better at 3 to 4 hundred profit per car as apposed to 50 to 100 doing tint and even though its a more expensive start up its allot easier to learn than tinting. just my opinion.

Wife had another baby and needed more money and the shop where I was at didn't want to pay me what they promised me so I had to become a service writer which I make good money but not my own boss so I'm over it

I hope the baby was yours! :lol

Do it on the side part time. Sounds like you have a family to support. It's going to take you awhile before you can do a professional job. Take a step back and think objectively. Would you pay someone good money to do a tint job with your skill level? Probably not so until you reach that level I would keep your full time job. It's tough to start your own biz as a seasoned veteran, let alone someone who doesn't have much experience.

Hanging around this site is a good start though. Lots of good advice. If you have a passion for it and get some training good things may happen for ya :thumb

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and wanted to see if I can get some feed back. I'm working full time as a writer at a dealer and see how much money is to be made Window tinting but don't feel comfortable enough to leave my full time job to pursue this full time. Would it be worth it pursuing this full time or part time to start off if I wanted to make money.

i would say to do it part time. start off with your own cars or family members cars, do friends cars. i do alot for the new car dealer that i work at, alot of employee cars, its fun to do on the side and i try to treat everyone right so they refer me to others.  after you have done 10-20 cars ask yourself if this is something you want to continue to do even more of......

i definetly would not quit your normal job until you are 100%, without a doubt, positive, certain, and assured that you could make a full time job out of tinting and have the customers to help you with that

How come no one ever wants to go learn the trade and the biz , and work for a good shop for 5 years or so. Have a plan and a goal, save money for the five years, build the respect of the other shops in you community including the one you work for. then when your ready, and have the money, find a good lease and location and open a legit window tinting company. Seems everyone wants to start off a company with a olfa, roll of film and a bottle of JJ. Throw it all in the trunk and off they go.

Archived