Air Blue windshield - Any problem with suction cup monuts?

Guest felloffthetruck

radar detectors are pretty worthless today....

I know that I have films on building doors that people put suction cups on and have for years.  No real issue.  Only one was with old Sungard NSN 50 film.  The suction cup made for moisture and it corroded the films metals....

If you plan to have it in the same place all the time it really won't matter if it does make a mark...you would not really ever see it...

Wait a few days and give the film a chance to completely dry before using your suction cup devices. From what I have seen is that those suction cups can cause a distortion or memory in the film where they are mounted at if left in the same place without being removed for a long period of time.

Could always cut out an area for the mount..couldn't see the cut out with air 80 anyway

Wish that were true.  Mechanic thought he'd help me out with inspection while vehicle at his shop.  Went to scraping a sticker that I had sandwiched in PPF and was static clung to the window.  He hit it 3-4 times before realizing the film was there.  It shows big time.  But the suction cups won't hurt a thing .  My Air 80's been on since 2008 and had GPS on it ever since.  Once it cures no problem.

Wait a few days and give the film a chance to completely dry before using your suction cup devices. From what I have seen is that those suction cups can cause a distortion or memory in the film where they are mounted at if left in the same place without being removed for a long period of time.

Possibly interaction between cup material out gassing and penetrating to the adhesive. Not to mention leaving any evidence of suction cup type devices on the surface is an open invitation to thieves.

Could always cut out an area for the mount..couldn't see the cut out with air 80 anyway

Even more obvious to a thief. Just the same a very sound idea.

Archived