The domestic tint market

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that would have cost a pretty penny.

You know the E film in the US is about 40% cheaper to buy....go figure.

Dev

No surprise there Dev. Have you seen the price on rebranded lulu downunder lately?

You would have to mortgage the Ferrari to use it :lol

No I haven't been aware of it Rock...I've always kept to myself...except here on TD occasionally. :lol

But just back to my post....my new home has got very little film because the options to treat windows with solar control options are so varied nowadays and the choices are such that they couldn't possibly be envisaged years ago.

eg. I have some MASSIVE single floor to ceiling picture window panes of glass installed which 1. would have had the need for a join.

2. the new types of super modern mesh style Holland blind shades that you can see through in huge varieties of colour and densities are fantastic and do they make a difference in TSER? You bet!

3.When I don't want it, I can simply retract the blind and I've got lovely clear glass laminated with a 75% UV filter.

This is not including the plethora of plantation shutters for window treatments either, low E glass, Smart Glass. self cleaning glass, tinted glass and IG units......all with non wearing ability.

I think this is why the domestic FG market has not proliferated.

Devil

Wow. Not only do I disagree with you devil, I'm disappointed someone with your history can say such things. I'm sure I'd be able to find a product for my customer in these circumstances with an emphasis on quality and advantage as opposed to "it's cheaper than glass"

Maybe it's time to hang up the belt? Or perhaps you just need me to sell you some film

:lol

No I haven't been aware of it Rock...I've always kept to myself...except here on TD occasionally. :lol

But just back to my post....my new home has got very little film because the options to treat windows with solar control options are so varied nowadays and the choices are such that they couldn't possibly be envisaged years ago.

eg. I have some MASSIVE single floor to ceiling picture window panes of glass installed which 1. would have had the need for a join.

2. the new types of super modern mesh style Holland blind shades that you can see through in huge varieties of colour and densities are fantastic and do they make a difference in TSER? You bet!

3.When I don't want it, I can simply retract the blind and I've got lovely clear glass laminated with a 75% UV filter.

This is not including the plethora of plantation shutters for window treatments either, low E glass, Smart Glass. self cleaning glass, tinted glass and IG units......all with non wearing ability.

I think this is why the domestic FG market has not proliferated.

Devil

Hmmm, all good points Dev and I know where you are coming from.

There is a lot of good glass products out there.

But let's see, I started the day by providing a 4 figure film solution to a lady whose builder stuffed up and installed clear glass instead of tinted, then a glazier referred a job that he had no answer for , a 3M printed clear with frost overlay solved the problem that there was no glass solution for then finished the day by meeting with a security company I work with to spec a job in 1 way vis, security film and frost film.

All up a very worthwhile day....I think the FG market is very strong if you know what you are doing, and I suspect that you do Dev, so go get stuck in mate.

Fg is kicking here if you can compete with $36.00 psm!

Quoted a house today , went through with the custy that I would remove all the beads / rubbers to insure a flawless job( knowing that my competitors would have no idear how to remove the beads on this window )went in well under my usuall rate , never got a look in ???

Fg is kicking here if you can compete with $36.00 psm!Quoted a house today , went through with the custy that I would remove all the beads / rubbers to insure a flawless job( knowing that my competitors would have no idear how to remove the beads on this window )went in well under my usuall rate , never got a look in ???

Dayum.

Sorry to hear that mate.

At that rate I'd be telling the custy to stick it on themselves.

Fg is kicking here if you can compete with $36.00 psm!Quoted a house today , went through with the custy that I would remove all the beads / rubbers to insure a flawless job( knowing that my competitors would have no idear how to remove the beads on this window )went in well under my usuall rate , never got a look in ???

Dayum.

Sorry to hear that mate.

At that rate I'd be telling the custy to stick it on themselves.

Was thinking the same thing. I've sold film on a 'supply only' basis for about that figure..

Archived