The domestic tint market

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always look for ways to learn from those who precede you... They are the only ones who can truly say they've been there before.

The most experienced tint business man in the country would be Gary from Enersun and he agrees with me 100%.

His knowledge not only from a very big national wholesale viewpoint but also retail with some 26 shops or whatever the number is he had, surpasses all of us here and he finds my opinion right on the money. :reading

Devil

Always look for ways to learn from those who precede you... They are the only ones who can truly say they've been there before.

The most experienced tint business man in the country would be Gary from Enersun and he agrees with me 100%.

His knowledge not only from a very big national wholesale viewpoint but also retail with some 26 shops or whatever the number is he had, surpasses all of us here and he finds my opinion right on the money. :reading

Devil

So where do you see things heading overall Dev?

You know, I've being playing golf for over 30 years.

Sometimes throughout these years, as much as 3 games per week.

I have played alongside single digit handicappers.

Paid out lots of dollars for lessons with Pro's.

Read numerous books and studied the best go round on TV.

Yet I can count on one hand the amount of times I have scored a round less than 95.

What does this mean?

I have experience - yes?

I have training - yes?

I have education - yes?

I know I have the drive, determination and desire to succeed at the game..

But I lack one key ingredient, the most important component of them all.

TALENT  :thumb 

So where do you see things heading overall Dev?

Well with my many discussions with Gary, I'd say watch your automotive market very carefully especially with the advent of privacy glass becoming the norm thereby reducing potential business long term.

It ain't going to be something you'll see overnight but it is happening.

More ruthless point of sale dealer film to continue to grow which will strike out independent tinters who once had that market.

More cut throat retail pricing as tinters get desperate for work already seen in NSW big time.

eg. a full strip and retint on a VT sedan for $180...that's the sign of the times as told by Gary a few days ago.

Domestic....stagnant and new films like these ener products are flash in the pan and very whiz bang trendy.....it's just a phase film marketers are going through whilst clutching at straws.

Unless we can have a photo sun sensitive film that reacts to light which would be new to the industry, then that would revolutionise the game and we'd make zillions out of it.

Commercial....new buildings are now made with glass codes to make them energy efficient and film will not be specified as it's not a long term solution.

So that means only really existing buildings will have limited demand if they haven't been fixed up already.

Decorative/Frost....this is the hidden winner with massive demand for the immediate visual effect it can dramatically produce.

You've got to make sure you have an arm of that in your business.

Quite a lot of this has been taken up by the signwriting industry getting into our field but that could be debated the other way around too.

Safety/security....still a small market in flat glass but somewhat diminished by the huge advent of laminated glass due to safety codes.

Graffiti.....another hidden gem if you can tap into the market that needs it.

Great on going repeat work and money for jam once established.

The industry? Hmmm? Another wholesaler to go in the very near future.... a casualty of war.

Overall growth? Definitely better times have been had and the early players made the real dollars.

Will it survive? Yes but with lots, lots more people in it doing tiny bits at 80's pricing compared to once when I can recall only half a dozen for a whole city.

Devil

Archived