Tint fom China

Hello all,

First post here so take it (kind of) easy,

So I did a search for China/Chinese in the forum and found some “made in America” post (well put by the way) and some venders trying to unload product. My question is what are the pros and cons of Chinese film? I’m not asking about wages or human rights violation but simply pros and cons.

A little back story: I live in Japan where it cost ¥150,000 (about $1,400) for a 30 meter role of car wrap. I found a vender in China who delivered to my house for $300. The wrap is good, stretches nicely, conforms well, and has good adhesion. Only one problem, if it is removed without a heat gun it will leave adhesive behind.

I'm currently trying to source a SunTek vender form Australia; however, China seems to be the best bet for now. The cost is around $150 per role for metallic tint and $500 for Nano (one role is 1.52 X 30 meters).  

Ready? Flame on!

Hello all,

First post here so take it (kind of) easy,

So I did a search for China/Chinese in the forum and found some “made in America” post (well put by the way) and some venders trying to unload product. My question is what are the pros and cons of Chinese film? I’m not asking about wages or human rights violation but simply pros and cons.

A little back story: I live in Japan where it cost ¥150,000 (about $1,400) for a 30 meter role of car wrap. I found a vender in China who delivered to my house for $300. The wrap is good, stretches nicely, conforms well, and has good adhesion. Only one problem, if it is removed without a heat gun it will leave adhesive behind.

I'm currently trying to source a SunTek vender form Australia; however, China seems to be the best bet for now. The cost is around $150 per role for metallic tint and $500 for Nano (one role is 1.52 X 30 meters).  

Ready? Flame on!

what type of films are you looking for

Guest angelsautotint

From my perspective, the tint that comes out of China is much worse then the vinyl. A lot of the vinyl is up to par. Most films have horrible scratch surfaces and very little color stability. 

Well, I got the film and tried to do a back glass. Felt like I was working with flat glass film, the stuff would not shrink. Not even a little bit! After about 2 hrs of working corner after corner, lifting and heating it still had quite a bit of shrinking to do. It also creased easily, however I’ll consider that knocking the dust off. I will say the color looked good, but can’t comment on stability. Adhesion was good as well but again longevity is still unknown. Was it worth the $210 for a role of 30*1.52M? For flat glass I’d say yes and it was better then messing up a $700+ role. In the future I will not be using this stuff. 

rkarr san, something seems amiss here. SunTek auto film is one of the better shrinking films on the market. 

Which SunTek film did you receive? The film identification will be inside the roll and on the box, both should match each other. You may have received one of their flat glass films in error.

rkarr san, something seems amiss here. SunTek auto film is one of the better shrinking films on the market.

Which SunTek film did you receive? The film identification will be inside the roll and on the box, both should match each other. You may have received one of their flat glass films in error.

Agreed. Suntek shrinks like a hot knife going through butter. As in very easy. The easiest shrinking film I've ever used. Check the roll as was suggested and let us know.

Which SunTek film did you receive? The film identification will be inside the roll and on the box, both should match each other. You may have received one of their flat glass films in error.

Rocky and Black,

Sorry I was not clean. The film I got from China was a brand called Alilula (alilula.net). It was Metallic 5%, 1.5mil. This film does not shrink! However there Nano would be great on flat glass and am thinking about going into flat glass. I'm working with Suntek's Mr. Bird to find out about costs and duties. Japan still has protection measures so some items are heavily taxed. I still think Suntek will cost less then Japanese products. And “U.S.” stuff sells here very well!

Ahh. Yeah I've never heard of that film. And I would assume if you were able to get an American product and push the brand name along with the fact that it's a very popular US material, you should do pretty well. Some films are VERY hard to shrink. Once you get a hold of some Suntek you will see how easy that particular film is to work with.

Archived