I know...Another contamination question!!! Looking for adv

I do not filter my water but that was my next step to try. I use tint slime for my slip.

If u don't mind me asking how are you folks filtering your water? Are you doing it at the tap or the sprayer....if either what is suggestion for me to do to start filtering.

Sorry for the dumb questions but don't get to keep up with as much as I would like to on here.

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I haven't been doing many cars as of late but noticed the same problem , its not technique , water ,or slip because I can do an occasional mobil tint that comes out cleaner than in the shop. Some areas have more particulates in the air and depending on humidity , barometric pressure and whatever other forces are at work , mess an otherwise good tint job up. If I were to start doing more cars my first plan of action would be a better air filtration ,also I've heard of someone making one of those water wall features for their shop, supposedly the water flowing creates a vacuum and pulls dust out of the air and suspends it in the water. I might even do one of those , plus they have a calming effect.  :thumb Good Luck!

Use the excess contamination to your advantage. Tell them they got the new Van Gogh tint-Starry Night Special...and you're not charging them any extra for it! Bam!

....or just include a lil' chisler for the customer after install.   :lol  

I would at least lightly spray the glass down before install.  In my experience, specks that are spread out are always from a gust of wind coming in when peeling.

Guest Derek Medeiros

mother of god is this waterfall thing true?????

my tint shop use to be a water spa hot tub shop before.. and on the wall of my tint bay is a built in 8 ft high waterfall with a basin about 4ft wide that I never use because well.. why?

if it were to help keep contamination to a min and there is proof to this theory I will def use it

Archived