It's good to give.

Good on ya Dev.

I've been doing a bit of this lately too.

I palmed off a 12k safety decal job and a 15k reso job last week to another tinting firm simply because I couldn't service them with everything else I've got going on.

Makes for a good relationship with your peers doesn't it.

What goes around comes around in this game.

Keep up the great work Dev.

Yep, I'm palming off a job to anyone who wants to film some glass for a Palestinian extremist that's picky about where the film comes from.

Do you want it Dev?

I'll PM you his details.

Actually I should get 35 to deal with this turkey.

I am a big fan of helping out "the competition". I would much rather have allies in my local industry than enemies. If they come up short on film or have an emergency job to help/do I'll do what I can to help them out. But if they don't have appreciation or try to return the gesture then I will be more reluctant to help out. To reuse a bad quote from a previous post "If we expect to keep our industry out of the mud, we must build bridges...." 

I regularly call a few tinters that I have never even met! They are never to busy to help me in any way whether it's making a video , sending me pics or a quick Tertorial on the subject. I greatly appreciate this and can not thank them enough! I am more then happy to help them or any1 who gives me the time of day. I can honestly say that my bussiness wouldn't be where it is today without unselfish tinters who helped me and expected nothing in return.

We'll fly to all areas in Australia (Tassie included) if someone has a spare $10k+ job they dont have time for! Seeing your posts makes me realise our annual sales probably wouldnt come close to your monthly ones lol.

I have met some tinters at other shops and its good to be able to share stories, even after years of experience I still learn new things from other tinters.

In the last 2 days I've helped a tinter out I don't know from Jack with about $2000 worth I work I don't need,

Donating and sharing the wealth around makes you feel good.

I can recommend it to everyone.

Devil

Do we ever engage in helpful actions for truly altruistic reasons, or are there hidden benefits to the self that guide our altruistic behaviors?

It's a question hotly contested today by social psychologists.  :dunno

We'll fly to all areas in Australia (Tassie included) if someone has a spare $10k+ job they dont have time for! Seeing your posts makes me realise our annual sales probably wouldnt come close to your monthly ones lol.

I have met some tinters at other shops and its good to be able to share stories, even after years of experience I still learn new things from other tinters.

You'll do me Cess with that fantastic mindset.

All the best my friend.

Devil

I am in two minds about this, I wouldn't pass on work knowing that a custy sought us out. Purely on quality issues. If I were to pass on work and the tinter did an awful job, I would feel responsible. I have seen first had the 'competitions' work and rather than pass work on to them I would offer to maybe train them for quality purposes first and then pass on work. That's still being nice I guess.

Archived