has anyone bought tint from express window films?

Guest 94turboteggy621

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howard can go all into detail on that but what I know is true black is not color stable which means it could fade. I've used that film and it looks great. If they called me today and told me it was color stable I wouldn't use anything else. The classic charcoal (qdp) is a great film that doesn't fade and that's what I carry.

I don't think color stable means no fade. Color stable usually means it will not turn purple.

Hi Ocalastinter & jh812,

Even color stable films will gain a very, very slight amount of VLT over time. But the amount is so nominal, as to almost be insignificant. You would need light metering equipment to detect it. We have never processed a single fade claim on a CS product. Yes, it does get lighter but for all practical purposes, it is a non-issue.

jh812: Great talking to you again today as usual. I am always here for you if you need me. Check your voicemail - I left you a message pertaining to the topic we were discussing.

-Howard

I got the voice mail as usual it was just as soon as I stuck the top half of the film on a vehicle. Quick question Howard. Do you have a problem with lda 70 on a dual pane window?

Howard can go all into detail on that but what I know is true black is not color stable which means it could fade. I've used that film and it looks great. If they called me today and told me it was color stable I wouldn't use anything else. The classic charcoal (qdp) is a great film that doesn't fade and that's what I carry.

I don't think color stable means no fade. Color stable usually means it will not turn purple. 

Hi Ocalastinter & jh812,

Even color stable films will gain a very, very slight amount of VLT over time.  But the amount is so nominal, as to almost be insignificant.  You would need light metering equipment to detect it.  We have never processed a single fade claim on a CS product.  Yes, it does get lighter but for all practical purposes, it is a non-issue.

jh812:  Great talking to you again today as usual.  I am always here for you if you need me.  Check your voicemail - I left you a message pertaining to the topic we were discussing.

-Howard

i actually just got off the phone with someone from 1800flimnow and he was telling me a lot about how about to order and what not. i checked film now.com and told me to check out the quick dry films there a little bit more then the first site i posted. Any feedback on that and what exactly the difference is between them?

Hi 94turboteggy621,

That was me you were speaking with - the owner and founder of the company (here since 1982).

You are within our designated Global area, so I suggest the tried-and-true QDP.  You will not find a more solid roll of film anywhere.  Call again if you have further questions.  You are in a 1 day UPS Ground Zone, so if you need anything you will have it the very next business day if you order by 2PM.

Thanks !!

-Howard

I got the voice mail as usual it was just as soon as I stuck the top half of the film on a vehicle. Quick question Howard. Do you have a problem with lda 70 on a dual pane window?

I guess my timing was impeccable !!

LDA70 on dual pane (less than 40 sq/FT) is AOK.  Go for it.

Regards,

Howard

Guest 94turboteggy621

It would be nice if you would remove the screen shot ....... We try not to talk prices on this site....

Hey man im sorry about that i didnt really kno...my bad someone removed it anyways sorry to whoever though wont happen again.

Hi Ocalastinter & jh812,

Even color stable films will gain a very, very slight amount of VLT over time. But the amount is so nominal, as to almost be insignificant. You would need light metering equipment to detect it. We have never processed a single fade claim on a CS product. Yes, it does get lighter but for all practical purposes, it is a non-issue.

jh812: Great talking to you again today as usual. I am always here for you if you need me. Check your voicemail - I left you a message pertaining to the topic we were discussing.

-Howard

i actually just got off the phone with someone from 1800flimnow and he was telling me a lot about how about to order and what not. i checked film now.com and told me to check out the quick dry films there a little bit more then the first site i posted. Any feedback on that and what exactly the difference is between them?

Hi 94turboteggy621,

That was me you were speaking with - the owner and founder of the company (here since 1982).

You are within our designated Global area, so I suggest the tried-and-true QDP. You will not find a more solid roll of film anywhere. Call again if you have further questions. You are in a 1 day UPS Ground Zone, so if you need anything you will have it the very next business day if you order by 2PM.

Thanks !!

-Howard

Oh ok cool its nice to see you on here..im very happy i joined this fourm everyone on here really knows what there talking about and is very very helpful with answering my questions and getting me started! Thank you everyone for clearing things up for me and thank you Howard for the conversation we had on the phone you were extreamly helpful and will be hearing from me in a few days to purchase a roll.

Archived