Has anyone used 70% All metal film? Thinking about

FBO

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to post back after installing the sample Howard provided. I really liked working with this film, it installed very easy with no issues whatsoever. It tacked up very nice as well, though it did take about a day of curing to fully lay down the close dots around the mirror. Really no different then any other film I've tried on this particular glass, so no surprise there.

This stuff is very clear, other then a slight "linear grain" that I notice when  :eye phuckin the film (mainly see it in the heat shimmers/mirages off the road). It's nothing like the haze and orange peel I've seen with other films. Though I know this is a very picky observation, I would still offer this film if I did windshields.

Thanks again for the sample Howard. I really like the film :thumb

Sorry, spring has sprung here so my windshield is a little dirty. :lol

Just to say how clear and hardly noticed the film is, when I picked Howard up from the airport a couple months back to do lunch, I asked him what he thought about the windshield on my Ford Expedition. He said he noticed the windshield strip,but he didn't realize that his LDA 70 was on the entire windshield. 

Hi Ocalatint..

That was a great brisket sandwich.  Let's do that again soon.  It was really nice spending some time with you in your neck of the woods.

Sincere thanks to all those who test drove the film and posted the pics & comments.  With a TSER of 37%, the LDA 70 is a great film to consider having in your lineup given the price point.  It's entirely dye free, so you do not need to be concerned about fade or loss of solar control properties.  It's made for us by Garware, so you know it's rock solid and will withstand the test of time - no matter where in the world you are.

Thanks,

Howard

Hi Ocalatint..

That was a great brisket sandwich.  Let's do that again soon.  It was really nice spending some time with you in your neck of the woods.

Sincere thanks to all those who test drove the film and posted the pics & comments.  With a TSER of 37%, the LDA 70 is a great film to consider having in your lineup given the price point.  It's entirely dye free, so you do not need to be concerned about fade or loss of solar control properties.  It's made for us by Garware, so you know it's rock solid and will withstand the test of time - no matter where in the world you are.

Thanks,

Howard

Glad you enjoyed it. Would be really cool and have you over at my place one day and let you try mine along with an old potato salad recipe I got from my great grandmother.  

Archived