QDP color change

Guest GreenCove

Classic black 15% is by far my top selling shade. I think 15% looks the best, unless the glass is 70% from the factory, then I'd say 20%. Another benefit of offering 15% is that when applied over factory rear privacy glass you end up close to a 5% VLT, not needing 5% film as much. With 20% over lighter privacy it's not close enough to 5% and customers have commented on that. I now offer 20% along with the 15%...customers love it!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest monkeyboy

In England we have 'supposedly' global HP 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. But the hp5 to me has a purple look to the film looking out through it. The 10 and 20 are different colours ones grey blue the other is charcoal. A friend of mine who tints always talked about and no longer uses it, I am considering the same route but hate the hassle of finding another line?

Does this sound familiar to you reliable American dealers/suppliers?

I looked at global and garware new sites and there isn't a registered supplier in England!! I'm worried what we've been putting on...

I use a lot of global QDP. I honestly do not see purple when looking out. The only film in the line up that is slightly off is the 15. But a customer has never complained. I would contact global and see.

The 5,20,30, and 50 all look the same when put next to each other on this side of the pond

Guest monkeyboy

They do a hp15... well that's what I've used. But my line up for HP is hp5 10 20 and 30. Just the hp5 looks like it has a purple tone to it. I'm making a call soon and will let you know what the deal is

Hi Monkeyboy,

Greetings from across the pond.

Two things jump out at me in reading your post.  One is the "purple look" which is not consistent with a Global product and the other is the HP15%, which is not in the Global Range offered to us in the USA.

Can you possibly post or email me a picture of the box, the box label and the core label?  I am sure I can get to the bottom of this for you.

My company (Express Films) can get you very fast delivery for any film in our lineup.

Thanks & regards,

Howard

Guest monkeyboy

Yeah thanks Howard. I use more hp just purely down to up sell. And I wish qdp did a 10 or 15 otherwise I would more than likely just sell that.

Howard I can't seem to PM you... For prices and delivery, also to send you roll numbers

Archived