New J&J Formula sucks, as many of you know by now

FBO

I have used Dawn, with good results... but then again from all the dish soaps out there is the one with the most grease cutting power, and I quit using it thinking it will eventually affect the glue of the film.  The guy who thought me have been using for 10+yrs and he does not uses anything else... It does not gum up the tank either as it is a cleaner. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone here use dawn dish soap? I have a friend that has used it for 10 plus years and swears by it.

I stopped using j&j because I was getting deposits in my sprayer.

Tint slime seems to work great. I also like it on flat glass installs.

We use yellow dish soap. Usually Gain. Ajax, etc all work the same. We like it much better than j&j

What are the manufacturers recommending for slip solution?     :dunno

Here on TD, I've seen reference to J&J being manufacturer approved, so to speak.

If that's the case, what do the film manufacturer/distributors have to say about the new J&J formula?

They are going to want you to buy their product of course, wouldn't you?

If you compare the cost between a gallon of J&J to a gallon of tintslime, it is only about a $0.15 per ounce difference. I would spend the extra $0.15 more just so I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning out my tank daily and knowing that if I am slow for a few days I can still use the same solution without having to change it out.  :twocents    

I don't know about you guys, but If my solution with Slime sits for 2 days, is junk!... I have to discard it and mix a new batch, luckily I mix what I need only.   I had two cars last weekend, so I mixed 2 gallons - open the tank on Tuesday and the mix has these globs of stuff thick like a mucus phlegm spit....

But hey, it does not happen with Dawn or Joy LOL

Archived