Desperate need help

Guest soundquality

Guest soundquality

I am new to window film installation and need help with small bubbles that keeps popping up on the windows. This is my first time installing window film in my vehicle. I bought the film from windowtintfactory.com for $45.00, 20% professional black no reflective 20"by100'. I use J&J baby shampoo mix with water for my solution. After watching couple Youtube videos and lots of practice with the film, I was able to get the concept and the handling on the materials. When I install the film on each window there is little small bubbles here and there which I squeegee out. The next day it become obvious bubbles that wasn't there during installation started popping up. I became frustrated and upset of the result. I then did a lot of research and came upon this forum by Google search. After reading couple of threads I place an order with Howard from EWF for Classic Black 15% and other accessories, I should have found this forum in the first place before placing my order for the cheap film from windowtintfactory.com. The question I need help on is, being my first time doing window film installation, Is it my fault the film start to bubble after a day or is it the film that I use because its cheap? Can anyone on this forum point me to the right direction for eliminating or lowering the amount of bubbles showing on the film before installation? I will also point out the sales people from windowtintfactory told me I don't need to shrink the film, could that be the problem since I listen to there advice and did not shrink it before installation? My main goal is to avoid this problem. Please Help anyone?

Guest 94turboteggy621

Yea i was getting that too and i came across this im new to tinting as well welcome to the fourms.

But as to the small bubbles from what I've been reading on here somtimes it can be little tiny dust particles getting under the tint that u cant see untill the film drys leaving a small amount of moisture under the tint leaving you with the bubbles...anyone correct me if im wrong like i said im new to tinting as well haha..good luck bro!!

Are the bubbles white? Or are you referring to as the golf ball look the next day where the moisture is drying out. Some films can have a dimply look on the inside from moisture drying out. On the outside they may looks like "ghost" or a grey colored bubble. If they are small white pinhead size bubbles, That will be contamination. If you look closely enough you will see the cause of it. How to eliminate it? Practice Practice Practice. And Clean Clean Clean

Like others have said practice practice practice. And if u think a window is clean enough, chances are u should clean it again lol especially if its your first time. Clean rubber seals top edge of glass etc. This forum has tons of good info on installing and film cutting techniques. Search a bit and you will find many answers. Ralph from Flex Film has some good videos on his youtube channel. Very informative especially for a beginner. Search "flex film plus" and you should be able to find his channel on youtube.

it sounds like you are having a contamination issue.  before you install the tint you need to clean the windows "better than they have ever been cleaned before". clean down in the gaskets along the edges very well. and definetly the top edge too. if the spots you are seeing are contained to one area this means that you did not clean that area good enough.  if you look close enough you should be able to see what is "inside" the bubble that is causing the bubble

I am new to window film installation and need help with small bubbles that keeps popping up on the windows. This is my first time installing window film in my vehicle. I bought the film from windowtintfactory.com for $45.00, 20% professional black no reflective 20"by100'. I use J&J baby shampoo mix with water for my solution. After watching couple Youtube videos and lots of practice with the film, I was able to get the concept and the handling on the materials. When I install the film on each window there is little small bubbles here and there which I squeegee out. The next day it become obvious bubbles that wasn't there during installation started popping up. I became frustrated and upset of the result. I then did a lot of research and came upon this forum by Google search. After reading couple of threads I place an order with Howard from EWF for Classic Black 15% and other accessories, I should have found this forum in the first place before placing my order for the cheap film from windowtintfactory.com. The question I need help on is, being my first time doing window film installation, Is it my fault the film start to bubble after a day or is it the film that I use because its cheap? Can anyone on this forum point me to the right direction for eliminating or lowering the amount of bubbles showing on the film before installation? I will also point out the sales people from windowtintfactory told me I don't need to shrink the film, could that be the problem since I listen to there advice and did not shrink it before installation? My main goal is to avoid this problem. Please Help anyone?

What part of Florida are you in?

Archived