ISIS in Ausie

GTS, you are correct. We in the US should do something to get to the root of the problem. However, because of our bleeding heart PC politicians, we can't. How do you solve the problem you ask? First make the criminals fear the consequences. Today when they go to prison they live better than they did on the streets. So you make prison a horrible experience. Actually make them perform hard physical labor, chain gang style. Second, the ones that are a level 1, no if and or buts about it.. Get executed immediately, no long expensive appeals. 3rd close the borders and deport ALL illegal immigrants. 4th. Sweep the street gangs and drug dealers into concentration camps and give them all a gun with one bullet. Pretty soon they will all be dead. ..Problem solved.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I'd like to agree Tom, unfortunately at this time I wouldn't trust my govt to hold a doggy day camp. Let alone a concentration camp of any sorts. It would be privatized and a profit/tax center, followed by legislation that would put all of us in there. Doesn't matter which side you vote for either, they've all been bought to get there.

But that's another debate for another day :lol

If 1 person could be saved each year, wouldn't that be worth trying?

I just wonder if those poor children today would be alive if that sick man had to use a cross bow or a knife to end their lives.

I shed a tear for them. I would imagine if that was to happen here then a bigger gun would not be an option... Just to prevent a gun getting in the wrong hands.

I guess I could maybe compare guns in the US to beer in Aussie land.. We have an unchangable culture of binge drinking here in Aus.

If the government here is Aus said that beer was to be banned as of tomorrow, then it would get very ugly indeed. Our economy would fall over if it was outlawed and I guess it would be the same for you lads over there. Plus you would have everyday people taking to the streets looking for a coldie, and stepping over anyone to get it.

I guess the difference is that the people you want to convince to change things with gun laws are the ones holding the guns.

I choose not to carry a gun because I feel that I don't feel the need to.

I would rather my children be in danger from a home invasion or a bad guy then to fear them going to school and being shot down like someone in a video game. Or the prospect of a gun kept in my home being used in the wrong way.

It seems quite clear as to how many American's think about guns, as not once was it mentioned that anyone wants to take any guns off any law abiding citizens.

The very mention of gun reform gets people reaching for the guns. My idea of gun reform is to reduce the chance of guns getting in the wrong hands, not by taking guns away, that will never happen. But if you talk of sections of society in the US being more dangerous and having a higher chance of offending because of a break down in family values etc.. Then wouldn't it be best to find the source of the issue and completely change the foundations? Not arm yourselves in protection? An American is an American.. Black or White.. So to say that black America is the issue is to say that America is the issue.

My best friend is a special forces soldier who is about to head back into the red zone. The only reason Australia is a target is because we support America EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a conflict. Even when the planes went into the 2 towers, we instantly backed the US to find the bad guys that we didn't even know existed before that tragic event. Many Aussies died and even some people I knew personally, and it all seems to be for protecting the American way of life. 2 years after we finally got out of there, we are back fighting what seems to be the same people with a different name. And I can say without doubt we will be back again in a few years to blow up some other extremist group that pops up.

Since we supported the US in the middle east, the Ahole leaders of ISIS have requested that their dead %&$# followers carry out beheadings and other sick acts to everyday Aussies going about their day, and if we go back to the original subject at hand I said that I feel some what safer knowing that these sickos will find it hard to get the kind of weapons they would want to do some real damage, and that is because guns are harder for joe blogs on the street to get his hands on when he is pissed of and wants to blow somebodies brains out.

Read my post!!! "Gun reform does not mean some hippy ass hole is going to come in and take away your precious guns, it simply means that America has had too many violent acts by American's against American's and it is time to look at what can be done to save the lives of good American folks (Black and White). So don't get your knickers in a knot and start pointing your fingers at which color is doing what and realize that you are all Americans and you can make it a better place." How is it that in America, a man that doesn't own a pair of shoes can own a gun?

People will always kill other people... That we know... Some types of guns allow too many people to die at once.

I am just voicing an opinion, or you might say a perspective of an individual of a nation that has always supported America without question. We share many of the same values, but our lust for guns is well and truly over IMO.

In another post you made, you stated saving one life would be worth trying.

On 9/11 11 Aussie's were killed in the towers.  So, if you still believe trying might be worth it to save a life, then Australia's alliance with America in war would mean protecting Australia's way of life...right??

Hey TJ,

Wasn't it a war in Iraq that made that clown Osama mad in the first place? And that prompted their cell to plan an attack on American soil?

Then after 9/11, the US went out looking for revenge and that gave us "Shock and aawww" remember?

The US dropped bomb after bomb in the main city of Afghanistan, and I would imagine that 99% of the people that were killed had no hatred towards the US.

e.g. If an Australian citizen carried out an attack on the US, would that justify the US blowing the shit out of Sydney?

Then it was decided that the US needed to attack Iraq again to prevent the use of weapons of mass destruction. Well.. If you can remember, those weapons were never there. The ruthless dictator Sadam was removed and you opened the doors for civil war in Iraq once again. That is the sole reason for the creation of ISIS. The people of Iraq were kept in check with an iron fist.. (Good or bad?) Not sure, but it must be a whole lot better than having your family butchered and beheaded by ISIS, then sweating on when your house will be hit by a bomb in the middle of the night.

If there wasn't so much oil in the middle east, the US never, ever would have landed troops on the ground in the same way we don't go and help the people of Africa, or other war torn countries that could use some help.

So I guess you could say that much of the danger that Australia faces is simply due to the fact that we have followed the US into wars against people we don't know and don't understand.

Understand that in Aus we don't have a lust for guns, and we don't want a war. We also don't want to have our way of life tampered with. However, I am pretty sure we don't need to go to war to protect it. Just need to shut the gates on those who want to challenge it. And that is what we are doing.

If my family is killed by ISIS, I would want revenge, I would want blood. If my family was killed by a US bomb from a plane I would want the same. I think that you will find that the hate that has built up inside some of the ISIS animals stems from death from above and living in fear. Then by using the excuse of religion, they then build an army who begin to believe that what they are doing is right.

Muslim culture is not well received in the Australian community, that results in young Muslims not wanting to connect into society. They will usually stay within their own groups, and feel like they are not accepted into the main stream. When a young Muslim comes across something like ISIS or an extreme group that wants them to be a part of their group, they feel the need to be a part of something whether it is right or wrong... This is no different in any way what so ever to a young Aussie joining a biker gang or a street gang.. It is no different to a young black man in the US who doesn't feel that they are a part of society, but feels protected and is given purpose when they join a color gang. Bloods, etc.. There are many other examples.

The reality is this.. The Aussie culture consists of having a drink with your mates, hard work, good times, have a go attitude, women with equal rights, safe families, freedom of speech, freedom of culture, freedom of sexuality, beach and babes, ...  This really does seem to clash with the Muslim culture, and all I can say is... When in Rome, you do as the Romans do.. Aussies don't want to force the Aussie way of life in Muslim countries and I am 100% sure that we don't want people to tell us how we live our lives when we treat everyone with respect and humility. So when our way of life is but on the table, then the knives will come out. If people want a way of life that exists in their home country, then by all means go home. If you want to be a part of Australia, WELCOME! But respect that we (The majority) have our culture and we don't want it messed with.

So yes TJ, the Aussie way of life is very important, but please don't tell me we need to begin a war in another country to protect it.. As it is doing the exact opposite. You seem to miss my point every single time, and then turn it into a question of someone wanting to take away your guns. Have all the guns you want, have a thousand guns, have a gun for everyday of the week, and a different color for the weekends, I don't care! You better believe that more Americans will die by the hands of another American each year then any attack on US soil.. What you might want to do is make it a little harder for some of these weapons to get into the wrong hands.. If you want to protect the rights that all Amercians have to bare arms, then you will always and forever need a gun to protect yourselves against your fellow citizens.

The Iraq War you are talking about is the Gulf War, and guess what?!  Australia was a part of that coalition too.  This war took place 1990-1991.  Australia was involved in 6 other conflicts with the US prior to 2001.

If you think the US went into war for the oil, then, wheres the oil?

America is called the melting pot, where we welcome everyone, and like Australia, want them to assimilate.  Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Christian...you name it, we welcome all.

I think we both can come to an agreement on one issue.  I too don't want my country to be involved with so many conflicts, and believe other countries should be left alone.  However, like you, that is our opinion and we cannot control what our govt decides to get involved with bc these situations are not left to a vote.  I don't like war, please don't imply that I do.

I have never said anyone will try to take my guns away, in any post.  I am typically very careful in my posts when its a subject I care about.  All I have argued is the IF scenario, and how guns are not dangerous.  There are laws in place to try and keep guns out of the hands of people who prob shouldn't have one.  However, there have been many proposals to make gun ownership more difficult, but in reality, all that does it make it more difficult for honest law abiding citizens to own them, and not the criminals.  In turn, it would end up costing someone like me more money by way of up front cost and taxes.  Well, this is no good, bc the majority of legal gun owners will never commit a crime with their firearm, and the criminals who don't pay taxes and can obtain a firearm no matter the law, solves nothing.  Tom has a good idea towards a reform.

Im not the one missing the point.  You give sob stories with pictures about someone who slaughtered multiple people, oh, and they used a gun.  So let me ask you?  Is a gun more dangerous then a knife.  What about a vehicle?  All of these can be maliciously used to kill someone.  The point you are missing is that someone will choose to use them in a malicious way.  

Archived