ISIS in Ausie

The reason for you TJ to be armed is completely subjective due to high exposure to arms in a well handled situation ie. brought up with and educated with them.

I am referring to the media saturated average person who watches a movie and thinks 'well, guns look easy'.

In regards to the Assclowns (love that word), you have to wonder, and this is complete unresearched speculation, if there was some form of 'gun control' (not saying as strict as Aus), would some of the shootings be avoided or at very least due to attainability, not be as numerous in casualties (eg. fully auto rifles couldn't be obtained so they instead went for a bolt action)

In your original post you paint a very black and white picture, whereas I believe the situation has all the various hues of being a larger and very complex issue.

Have the right to bear arms _but_ have a more fleshed out protocol to get them so not everyone can easily just 'grab a piece'

If that makes me a fool, so be it.

Given your original analogy, well the world ain't what it used to be, we live in nanny states these days and common sense is lost in some countries, there will be no end until we are completely wrapped in cotton and have nice warm sheep's wool over our eyes.

We have fences next to waterways here in Aus to stop you from accidentally going in the water, in Amsterdam they don't do that, they treat you like an adult. If you get wet, you're on the wrong bit.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If 1 person could be saved each year, wouldn't that be worth trying?

I just wonder if those poor children today would be alive if that sick man had to use a cross bow or a knife to end their lives.

I shed a tear for them. I would imagine if that was to happen here then a bigger gun would not be an option... Just to prevent a gun getting in the wrong hands.

I guess I could maybe compare guns in the US to beer in Aussie land.. We have an unchangable culture of binge drinking here in Aus.

If the government here is Aus said that beer was to be banned as of tomorrow, then it would get very ugly indeed. Our economy would fall over if it was outlawed and I guess it would be the same for you lads over there. Plus you would have everyday people taking to the streets looking for a coldie, and stepping over anyone to get it.

I guess the difference is that the people you want to convince to change things with gun laws are the ones holding the guns.

I'm sorry, but Aussie or not, I totally agree with TintJunkie on this one. I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it.

In a society where the only people who have guns are the Government and the criminals, things never end well.

A person who WANTS a gun, will find one, whether they are illegal or not. Why take away a persons right to defend themselves by the same means?

This topic is black and white to me.

GTS, I like you, but one more word about banning beer and i'll cut a mofo

Hahaha...

GTS, I like you, but one more word about banning beer and i'll cut a mofo

I don't drink beer. I don't like footy. I don't watch cricket. And meat pies are a disgusting mystery-bag full of noses hoofs and a$$holes...

Apparently that makes me un-Australian... [emoji23]

One big difference here may be the fact that we have political parties and a government that actively promote dependency (for votes) by encouraging women to have kids without having a dad in the home and single motherhood is a statistical ticket to poverty (and dependency on government handouts). In other words, there are many kids that grow up with no strong positive male influence and the lure of the thug culture can often win out in terms of influence. Lots of young thugs shooting each other. As a society, there seems to be an inability to talk about it, much less do anything to change it. Folks believe we have the right to defend themselves. Add to that, it's been determined by courts that this right was an individual right needed to protect the security of a free state, so some folks feel pretty strongly about it.

I don't mind guns, in fact I quite enjoy shooting at the range. I learnt how to shoot at my fathers knee and was also taught the correct way to carry, store and use a gun. But I was also taught that a gun is a lethal weapon, and what a huge thing it is to take someone's life, and most probably ruin your life forever also. You have ended someone, forever. The victims family grieves forever, you are probably going to court to defend your actions and may just end up doing a long stretch of time yourself. You will have this on your conscience forever, it will change you and affect all around you.

I don't need a gun. In 45 years on this planet, I am yet to have a gun pulled on me.

I wonder how many gun toters that regularly carry, have had a gun pulled on them?

It's a fear mentality, you are packing 'just in case' some bad guy pulls a gun on you. In actual fact, how often does this happen to you and if it did happen, it probably would happen so quickly that you wouldn't have time to draw your piece. Violence isn't like the Wild West, where you call each other out, walk 10 paces and draw on each other. It happens quickly and when you least expect it.

Guns are like the nuclear deterrent, you have it but hope to God you never have to use it. All I'm saying is if you aren't going to use it, why escalate a situation into a lethal scenario by pulling a gun? If you are really willing to use it, refer to my points above.

It's not the 'bad' guy that you should be concerned about, it's the guy who is a good guy, loving father, upstanding citizen for 364 days of the year but then has one bad day with a military grade rifle!!!

If you don't want to get rid of your guns, fine...I actually support that, I like guns too, but get the Uzis off the streets at least, full auto and even semi auto weapons are just designed to kill people.

One big difference here may be the fact that we have political parties and a government that actively promote dependency (for votes) by encouraging women to have kids without having a dad in the home and single motherhood is a statistical ticket to poverty (and dependency on government handouts). In other words, there are many kids that grow up with no strong positive male influence and the lure of the thug culture can often win out in terms of influence. Lots of young thugs shooting each other. As a society, there seems to be an inability to talk about it, much less do anything to change it. Folks believe we have the right to defend themselves. Add to that, it's been determined by courts that this right was an individual right needed to protect the security of a free state, so some folks feel pretty strongly about it.

Since I am on a fact spewing dynasty roll, let me offend some more, or maybe even get TD to tell me to tone it down, but since its not my problem if I offend someone, here it is...

In red above, you are talking about black libtards.  So let me go ahead and join the gun issue with this.  Black people are far more likely to kill you, whether you are white or black, with a gun or any other weapon, and that isn't an opinion, it is verifiable.  Blacks are far more likely to grow up without a dad in the house.  Our govt caters to blacks and high-spanics (usually illegals) to keep them voting for a D, in which these people are so STUPID they keep voting for that D behind a name, which keeps them further in poverty and continually asking for hand outs.  Since Im white, Im to blame for this, and not the crack mom spreading her legs for her habit, and keep making babies.. future thugs and govt teat suckers.  Why not try promoting general welfare and stop providing it?  I don't know about y'all, but aren't you tired of seeing someone swipe their EBT card with new Jordans on, driving away in a vehicle far more expensive than yours? Can you believe they don't even say thank you to me...they are living off the fruits of my labor!

Oh how I can go on and on....

So here is a noble idea.  Why don't we figure out this grave domestic problem, instead of gun reform, and consider these gun crimes (committed mostly by blacks) could be reduced.

I do admire AUS for enforcing their immigration laws.  Wish we would do the same.  Of course, there is a really simple solution for us, in the same way we deal with ants.  Wipe the sugar off the table and they will stop coming in.

Archived