One for all of us.

You are not going to believe this but I had a woman ring up today for a quote to retint a 1/4 vent window of a 2002 Ford Laser....had been broken and replaced and needed new film.

(For you US guys it's a tiny pane in the rear side door and at the most it would be between $10-20 to do.)

Here's the kicker.... '"Thanks.... I've got to get a few more quotes." 

I saw red.....I told her with respect to not waste other tint shops' time and just get it done with whomever is close to her.

I thought if I didn't at least say something to her, I wouldn't be doing our industry a service despite who got the repair. :wall

This is Bulltish! It's not like tendering for a multi story building.

Do you agree I did the right thing?

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Devil

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are not going to believe this but I had a woman ring up today for a quote to retint a 1/4 vent window of a 2002 Ford Laser....had been broken and replaced and needed new film.

(For you US guys it's a tiny pane in the rear side door and at the most it would be between $10-20 to do.)

I saw red.....I told her with respect to not waste other tint shops' time and just get it done with whomever is close to her.

I thought if I didn't at least say something to her, I wouldn't be doing our industry a service despite who got the repair. :wall

This is Bulltish! It's not like tendering for a multi story building.

Devil

I had 1 this week 2003 Kia rio RnR I gave her the price she emailed back wanting me to price each window! I kindly said not interested .

Obviously she needed educating Dev, well done on that one, but you should have just given her 3 quotes on the spot and saved her ringing around "20, 30, 40 bucks luv pick which one you want and let's get this done for ya." :D

I thought if I didn't at least say something to her, I wouldn't be doing our industry a service despite who got the repair. :wall

Devil

I had 1 this week 2003 Kia rio RnR I gave her the price she emailed back wanting me to price each window! I kindly said not interested .
I get ridiculous stuff like this all the time. Maybe I'm just the suspicious type, but do you ever get to thinking that maybe it's just your competition trying to do your head in? :lol

Obviously she needed educating Dev, well done on that one, but you should have just given her 3 quotes on the spot and saved her ringing around "20, 30, 40 bucks luv pick which one you want and let's get this done for ya." :D

Devil

I get ridiculous stuff like this all the time. Maybe I'm just the suspicious type, but do you ever get to thinking that maybe it's just your competition trying to do your head in? :lol
anytime I think it's my comp I price super high , if I get it happy days if not don't care , beautiful thing been able to pic and choose what I tint at such an early stage :)

I'm right there with you Devil. Stoopid is as stoopid does. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. Thanks for doing us all a favour. [emoji106]

My personal favourite is when they call wanting a quote over the phone to tint a "standard bedroom window"... [emoji37]

I'm right there with you Devil. Stoopid is as stoopid does. There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. Thanks for doing us all a favour. [emoji106]

My personal favourite is when they call wanting a quote over the phone to tint a "standard bedroom window"... [emoji37]

Oh thank God I am not the only one who gets this. I also get " how much does it cost to tint a standard house?"

Phone quotes for FG in general suck. There is always something they don't tell you up front. Like "oh and I live 2 hours away, is that what you meant by local?"

Checked out a phone quote job yesterday for confirmation on sizes and price, this time what they didn't tell me over the phone was the built in desks and shelving obscuring the glass and the glass was painted out, "oh, is that a problem"

Archived