estimates

So, I have done several estimates recently for residential and commercial jobs and haven't closed any of them. I'm becoming quite frustrated. I have no idea if my prices are in line with the competition. I do know that one of my competitors bad mouths every one else....recently told a customer that my tint will turn people in just a few months. And wouldn't go to the other shop because llumar is going out of business. Lol

Anyway, what's the best way to phone shop my competition for flat glass? I usually tell my customers I need to see it to give accurate estimate. I'm assuming they'd say the same if I call asking how much per sqft.

I never worry about the "competition" pricing.  I don't have much of that anyway but when I do I still price where I need to price or want to price.  I started out and tried to be a bit cheaper but quickly began to try and be the same or higher. 

I think you should never try to be the lower price but always try to be the same or higher...always reach for that higher mark!

I spell it out to the customer that if they are shopping on price alone, they probably won't choose us. It usually prompts the question, "why not?" Then you have all the opportunity in the world to explain what sets your company apart.

As always, Stans advice is also spot on.

I spell it out to the customer that if they are shopping on price alone, they probably won't choose us. It usually prompts the question, "why not?" Then you have all the opportunity in the world to explain what sets your company apart.

As always, Stans advice is also spot on.

Exactly.

My serious advice is, get a woman to sell film for you.  Im not kidding.  My wife averages over 80% in closing deals, and that isn't because she talks about window film.  I will admit, this works better for residential tinting, but she does very well in the commercial market as well, close to 70%.

Archived