estimates

You need to know what your market will bear. Although price is not always the deciding factor, it is always a big consideration. If you are offering a material that is the same as the next guy, for 5.00 PSF more...I would not expect to close many deals. My advice to you is to know your product, know your what your competition is offering and show them why yours is better. If you are not confident in your presentation, the customer will see it. When we first started many years ago, I would actually do a window in the home with whatever material we were offering. That allowed the customer to see our work and quality, as well as see the film in place. This helped close many jobs,

I did the same thing on this hair salon job im doing today. I myself was getting frustrated with not getting any commercial and residential jobs. This year I've gotten more than last. It picks up every year. I myself do not think I'm that great of a salesmen. I try and go above and beyond for my customer though. I tinted the window so the hair salon could see if that's what they wanted. Had a cleaners that I give an estimate to Monday and tinted on Thursday. Messed up some film in that job so I had it overnighted so the customer wouldn't have to wait till next week. Dress like you're going to an interview, because that what it is. Don't I repeat do not lower your price to get the job. Honestly I don't know what my competitions prices are and really don't care. Mine are where they need to be for me to make a profit. I will say the more glass I get the lower my price will be, but I have a bottom line. To most families this is a big purchase and you have to prove to them that it is worth the money. Last thing every single person that you tint a cat for should leave knowing you do the other as well. Don't just assume. After all that customer already knows the benefits of window tint but possibly may not be that informed about residential.

Your not just competing with other tinters your providing the best solution.

I learned this lesson a while ago, was competing with another tinter, I sold them myself over them but they ended up going for blinds.....

Don't try to sell the tint, give them as many benefits as you can.....

All about value for monry

I did the same thing on this hair salon job im doing today. I myself was getting frustrated with not getting any commercial and residential jobs. This year I've gotten more than last. It picks up every year. I myself do not think I'm that great of a salesmen. I try and go above and beyond for my customer though. I tinted the window so the hair salon could see if that's what they wanted. Had a cleaners that I give an estimate to Monday and tinted on Thursday. Messed up some film in that job so I had it overnighted so the customer wouldn't have to wait till next week. Dress like you're going to an interview, because that what it is. Don't I repeat do not lower your price to get the job. Honestly I don't know what my competitions prices are and really don't care. Mine are where they need to be for me to make a profit. I will say the more glass I get the lower my price will be, but I have a bottom line. To most families this is a big purchase and you have to prove to them that it is worth the money. Last thing every single person that you tint a cat for should leave knowing you do the other as well. Don't just assume. After all that customer already knows the benefits of window tint but possibly may not be that informed about residential.

I have never tinted a cat....guess I need to broaden my perspective?

Seriously a marketing seminar will give you the upper hand not only you don't have to lower the price this business is like every thing else pay cheap get what you pay especially if they're are from out of town and won't being seen again that is happening here with some swap meet tinters.

I have never tinted a cat....guess I need to broaden my perspective?

tinting cats is the fad now, everyone is doing it haha. since i added tint to mine, it is purr-fect now haha

You have to remember when your out trying to sell a job-that there are at least 10 other companies that can come and sell that person tint. Now it's your job to sell yourself. Your experience. The film you use. The fact you showed up on time or called before you left. You're not just selling tint. Try to remember that. It works for me.

Archived