Two piece w/s strip?

I'm not getting this whole thing. I use the factory edge and a tape measure...what's so difficult about a windshield strip? I don't get it

Nothing difficult, he's just trying to save time. I guess I'm pretty lucky that I have a plotter to use to cut most strips. It keeps me from having to clean the outside of the windshield multiple times. When I was working for a shop that had an account for a Hyundai dealership, and we didn't have a plotter,  I would save and mark the realease liners on all the different models so the next one that wanted a strip I wouldn't have to waste my time with tape measures and cleaning dirty windshields.

I'm not getting this whole thing. I use the factory edge and a tape measure...what's so difficult about a windshield strip? I don't get it

Nothing difficult, he's just trying to save time. I guess I'm pretty lucky that I have a plotter to use to cut most strips. It keeps me from having to clean the outside of the windshield multiple times. When I was working for a shop that had an account for a Hyundai dealership, and we didn't have a plotter,  I would save and mark the realease liners on all the different models so the next one that wanted a strip I wouldn't have to waste my time with tape measures and cleaning dirty windshields.

This is what I do on strips that are one piece.  Maybe I just need to practice more lol.  The two piece strip is on just about everything I touch and the only way I can make both sides look even is to lay the film on the outside and cut it from one piece.   I can save some time when I eliminate that step.  When I have tried to use a template for each side of two piece they end looking cockeyed.  Your right zues, its not hard, just trying to save a little time.

Archived