95 civic hatch back rear window

Guest 94turboteggy621

Guest 94turboteggy621

What's up everyone. A buddy of mine wants me to tint his civic and I was taking a look at it too see if I could do it cause im new to it and the rear hatch glass is alllll crazy there's strong arms connected to it and a few defogger strips like thick black ones kinda on the sides...has anyone ever done this? Need some help!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a shit box of a car. Drive it into a tree and sent it to the wrecker where it belongs i quote $1 000 000 to customers that call for quotes for an old POS  just so they will go somewhere else and have someone else deal with it. Do yourself a favor, pass on the job and take the day off.

Shit man, I know they're difficult but do you guys just pass anything that involves more than kicking and sticking?

To the op:

By the sounds of your post your not actually a tinter. Tell your friend to spend money on getting it done properly. Go to a shop that will do it properly, I.e dismantling it and not just cutting gaps everywhere and probably crease it and have dirt through it....

or

get it done for cheap with all this

Or

Get you to do it

Or what I'd prefer if you can't afford to get it done, don't get it done and put some money aside to get it done properly on the future

That's a %&$# box of a car. Drive it into a tree and sent it to the wrecker where it belongs i quote $1 000 000 to customers that call for quotes for an old POS just so they will go somewhere else and have someone else deal with it. Do yourself a favor, pass on the job and take the day off.

This is what I think when people call with 90's accords and civics. That bg won't teach you shiat, since there not many like it out there. All I got to say is make sure you shrink towards the factory edge of the film and trim it short once done, or the film will overlap the matrix by an inch or so.

%&$# man, I know they're difficult but do you guys just pass anything that involves more than kicking and sticking?

I do now., maybe back in the day when I first started tinting and needed the customer or the money more but now I can easily book in something that will take less time and I know I won't be getting pissed off because the customers poorboy cheap ass car is a POS. What's the point of even booking in a car that you know if gonna ruin your day.... easy money is the best money for me. :thumb 

Archived