Issue with SunTek FG not staying down... suggestions?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never had a problem with a PS adhesive film curling.

Looks like the manufactures of CDF films still have not figured out how to prevent this, perhaps a detailed update should be in every box of film sent out explaining on how to deal with this issue........... :thumb ........... :spit

Looks like the manufactures of CDF films still have not figured out how to prevent this, perhaps a detailed update should be in every box of film sent out explaining on how to deal with this issue........... :thumb ........... :spit

That's because you use a automotive grade adhesive on FG. :)

It boggles my mind why people just don't use X100, why even bother dicking around with other mixtures. It is designed just for DA and works great. We just installed almost 450 sf in the direct sun and not a single curl issue. To many guys here trying to put screws in with hammers.

It boggles my mind why people just don't use X100, why even bother dicking around with other mixtures. It is designed just for DA and works great.

Hey Tom,

I strongly agree.  Our in house testing of that product showed a remarkable acceleration in the bonding process.

Just be careful about the overspray.  X-100 is mild phosphoric acid and you will want to wipe up any peripheral areas and surfaces.  Also check with you manufacturer as it is prohibited with certain film constructions (i.e. Sputtered Copper).   You probably know of others.

Hope all is well up there Tom.  Get out the long underwear - you're gonna need it soon.

-Howard

It boggles my mind why people just don't use X100, why even bother dicking around with other mixtures. It is designed just for DA and works great. We just installed almost 450 sf in the direct sun and not a single curl issue. To many guys here trying to put screws in with hammers.

Maybe they like to stick with something that will work with all CDF films regardless of construction ?? :dunno

Looks like the manufactures of CDF films still have not figured out how to prevent this, perhaps a detailed update should be in every box of film sent out explaining on how to deal with this issue........... :thumb ........... :spit

That's because you use a automotive grade adhesive on FG. :)

Not true.

It boggles my mind why people just don't use X100, why even bother dicking around with other mixtures. It is designed just for DA and works great.

Hey Tom,

I strongly agree.  Our in house testing of that product showed a remarkable acceleration in the bonding process.

Just be careful about the overspray.  X-100 is mild phosphoric acid and you will want to wipe up any peripheral areas and surfaces.  Also check with you manufacturer as it is prohibited with certain film constructions (i.e. Sputtered Copper).   You probably know of others.

Hope all is well up there Tom.  Get out the long underwear - you're gonna need it soon.

-Howard

So, what are the long term effects of inhaling the X-100 ............ ?

So, what are the long term effects of inhaling the X-100 ............ ?

I don't believe there are any Mike.  I am not a doctor but, phosphoric acid is found in soft drinks (like Coca Cola).

-Howard

Archived