Issue with SunTek FG not staying down... suggestions?

So, what are the long term effects of inhaling the X-100 ............ ?

I don't believe there are any Mike.  I am not a doctor but, phosphoric acid is found in soft drinks (like Coca Cola).

-Howard

Well perhaps jh812 can elaborate more on your Coca Cola analogy ..........?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I mentioned, this is the first issue I've had in a very, very long time and I've always used J&J. 

I have nothing against any other additive... X100, TS, whatever.  I just haven't used anything else. (Used X100 way way way back in the day) 

I'll order some tomorrow...  Like I said, I don't want to be replacing windows at the house for the next 6 months. lol

Mostly use ps films but needed to match some existing film and a SunTek film was the best match for the existing and I didn't think about the solution being used.  Film from the first roll went up fine in the sun with no problems and with no special solution.

First couple from the second box curled even though they were not even in the sun by then.  Did not have X100 but changed solutions and used some accelerator and got them to stay.

Will use X100 if putting up any da films in the future

post-886-0-26477100-1411473039_thumb.jpe

Well it would be nice if Suntek made that well known about needing x100. I install a ton of this stuff for another shop andiI know for a fact if they told him he needed special sauce he would use it.

I have ordered from them and never been told to use anything special. They just need to tell me and I would do it. Thanks for the info here though!

Like I said, perhaps a detailed update should be in every box of film sent out explaining on how to deal with this issue, they know this is and has been an issue.

This has been an ongoing problem and not with just SunTek films that use CDF.

A lot of it has to do with the manufacturing of the film, seeing that they can not keep it consistent, they need to address this issue and give installers advice on how to deal with it. 

BTW, if you are using a film that X-100 is not recommended on using, you can use it on 2" of the perimeter of the window and it will help. 

Do I want to inhale X-100 for a few or many years .......... :nope ............ That's just me, they say it is fine.

So, lets see how many on here will raise there hand and say they like removing CDF adhesive, especially after X-100 has been used for the install ................. ??

Like I said, perhaps a detailed update should be in every box of film sent out explaining on how to deal with this issue, they know this is and has been an issue.

This has been an ongoing problem and not with just SunTek films that use CDF.

A lot of it has to do with the manufacturing of the film, seeing that they can not keep it consistent, they need to address this issue and give installers advice on how to deal with it. 

BTW, if you are using a film that X-100 is not recommended on using, you can use it on 2" of the perimeter of the window and it will help. 

Do I want to inhale X-100 for a few or many years .......... :nope ............ That's just me, they say it is fine.

So, lets see how many on here will raise there hand and say they like removing CDF adhesive, especially after X-100 has been used for the install ................. ??

I hate removal of CDF. Fortunately what we remove most often is 3M due to failure of some kind or another. But yes CDF is miserable to remove.

I'm currently using some 1800mm wide SYDS 15 CDF and you reckon the film is hard to separate the liner from? :wall

Holy Batman, I need 2 people on sheets 1700mm X 2400mm.....it feels like PS minus the tack.

Any chance of it falling off the glass? A snowflakes chance in hell.

Got to be some glitch in the amount of silicone to release the liner.....omg it's scary to potentially lose a sheet over that amount of glass.

Devil

Archived