Issue with SunTek FG not staying down... suggestions?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently using some 1800mm wide SYDS 15 CDF and you reckon the film is hard to separate the liner from? :wall

Holy Batman, I need 2 people on sheets 1700mm X 2400mm.....it feels like PS minus the tack.

Any chance of it falling off the glass? A snowflakes chance in hell.

Got to be some glitch in the amount of silicone to release the liner.....omg it's scary to potentially lose a sheet over that amount of glass.

Devil

We had that same situation with another mfrs DA. Total pita and added extra ..unplanned time and expense to the job. Made for a unhappy boss. (Me)

I'm currently using some 1800mm wide SYDS 15 CDF and you reckon the film is hard to separate the liner from? :wall

Holy Batman, I need 2 people on sheets 1700mm X 2400mm.....it feels like PS minus the tack.

Got to be some glitch in the amount of silicone to release the liner.....omg it's scary to potentially lose a sheet over that amount of glass.

Devil

:hmmm ......... Why do you think just because the film will not release as easily from the liner as you have experienced before, it will adhere to the glass better ............ ?

Well it would be nice if Suntek made that well known about needing x100. I install a ton of this stuff for another shop andiI know for a fact if they told him he needed special sauce he would use it.

I have ordered from them and never been told to use anything special. They just need to tell me and I would do it. Thanks for the info here though!

SunTek probably don't consider it necessary to use x100, otherwise I suppose they would spec it.

I've installed heaps of just about all of their films and generally don't have any curl issues.

The odd roll now and then has had excessive curl which makes installing that a real pita,ST will replace those rolls if you ask them,  and had some SYLRDS curl on me yesterday bat that was only on one hot window late in the day, hosed it down from the outside to cool it down and the film laid back down fine.

I always go light on the slip when using any DA though.

Devil

:hmmm ......... Why do you think just because the film will not release as easily from the liner as you have experienced before, it will adhere to the glass better ............ ?

Well  my reckoning is that if it's that super tacky to start with, do you think it will lift off the glass?

No way Jose.

I'm doing this job in full sun and it's stuck like super glue.

Devil

Devil

Well  my reckoning is that if it's that super tacky to start with, do you think it will lift off the glass?

No way Jose.

I'm doing this job in full sun and it's stuck like super glue.

Devil

So it sounds like you think the films CDF adhesive is more sticky and adhered to the glass more so then normal because you had said " Got to be some glitch in the amount of silicone to release the liner.

Perhaps it was just the glass you installed the film on ............ ?

So I went to the customer's house to redo the window, and this was totally my mistake... A small corner of the liner failed to release.... So of course the film didn't stick to the glass.

Derp!!!

I showed her what I did, that way they know it was me and not an issue with the film.

Devil

Dev

Dry adhesive are known to partially activate and stick to their liner if the adhesive was not dried enough (increased speed through the machine) or during delivery and storage in hot humid conditions without having a moisture absorbing crystal pack in the film box (usually inside the core). 

My best guess. :cool

Devil

Dev

Dry adhesive are known to partially activate and stick to their liner if the adhesive was not dried enough (increased speed through the machine) or during delivery and storage in hot humid conditions without having a moisture absorbing crystal pack in the film box (usually inside the core). 

My best guess. :cool

The second roll off the same batch numbers away on that run is the same. :redturbo

Devil

Archived