Issue with SunTek FG not staying down... suggestions?

Your supposed to install with X100. I had peeling issues about a year ago but not lately. Now I am having ULV40 failure. Leopard looking spots of maybe where the metal is disappearing while it dries. Any one else have this issue?

They are terrible with warranties and reluctant to continue with them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had ulvds and sylrds both curl up like that. Minimal slip like suggested, but also try not to use the factory edge, out of the box against the end caps it gets 'bruised' and doesn't lay down well.

Some rolls are definitely more prone to curl also, I used 5 separate boxes on a large Resi job and had heaps of probs with one of them. I used an adhesive promoter just under the bottom edge on that one , it was the only fix that day that worked. Shouldn't have to though, I was cursing ST for a while over that one.

I had many issues with ULV40 and SY15 varied from job to job and 1st half of roll was fine and the latter half had issues. Had to go back on several jobs.

I don't know if they've changed things up...but last time I warrantied out film not only did they send me more than enough film to cover the job they also paid me 3$/sq to replace it. That was about 3 years ago though.

They pay for film and $1 to install and $.55 to remove. sounds like things have changed. You also have to check your amount closely as it is always short.

It boggles my mind why people just don't use X100, why even bother dicking around with other mixtures. It is designed just for DA and works great. We just installed almost 450 sf in the direct sun and not a single curl issue. To many guys here trying to put screws in with hammers.

I use X100 and had many curling issues and I dont install in the sun 

I have never had a problem with a PS adhesive film curling.

Looks like the manufactures of CDF films still have not figured out how to prevent this, perhaps a detailed update should be in every box of film sent out explaining on how to deal with this issue........... :thumb ........... :spit

That's because you use a automotive grade adhesive on FG. :)
:lol

The latest news on the hard to release backing sheet as advised by the rep is that the adhesive had been changed to something different and I've been certainly not the only one to complain or return rolls....happened to a close tint mate of mine as well unbeknown to me at the time.

But now the newer rolls are suppose to have this rectified..... by how I don't know but we'll see.

devil

Archived