How many cars per 8 hour day?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At our shop we like to keep a car for at least 4 hours. By this point most all of the water is gone and any issues have shown themselves. Having said that we (3 tinters) generally do 15 cars a day. In the winter months is slows to around seven. With three on one car it's out fast. But like so many here have said "quality comes first".

I do 3 or 4 hand cutting.

6 or 7 using a plotter.

And that's hustling all day. Maybe a short lunch break to eat and right back to work.

The most I have ever done in one day was 11 four door cars, 2 sets of front doors and 1 small suv. Started by 9am and finished just about midnight. That was all done using plotter cut film too.

I do 3 or 4 hand cutting.

6 or 7 using a plotter.

And that's hustling all day. Maybe a short lunch break to eat and right back to work.

The most I have ever done in one day was 11 four door cars, 2 sets of front doors and 1 small suv. Started by 9am and finished just about midnight. That was all done using plotter cut film too.

Damn.

We dont have a plotter but id say i spend about ten minutes cutting out a four door car.

Depending on the type of car, I can do about 4-6 a day. When I was employed at the Honda dealer I could do about 8 complete and a set of doors ( that's pushing it for me ). The building I was given to work in could hold about 10 cars at a time. All I had to do was drag my glass around with me as I installed.

Archived