XPEL Moves Out of Texas.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to rain on your parade Pro-Tect, but the post you mentioned/pictured was a response to someone on this forum incorrectly claiming that we had a shop in Los Angeles (see below), which was actually a third party distribution site:

Getting back on topic....

Xpel LAX

1031 East Watson Ctr Road

Carson, CA 90745

210-678-3700

As for Chris, we've been over this more than once and you've got your facts all wrong.  When Eric went up there to help Chris land an account (an account that he didn't have), he learned upon arriving that another XPEL installer (Houston, the installer) was already doing the work there.  I stand behind Eric's decision not to try to take a dealership account from another installer.  The fact that he was trying to help Chris land business at all says a lot about what we're about.

Our board members and stockholders a very aware of what is going on in the marketplace.  Our board members pretty much have to approve all major moves the company makes.  There are countless stock trading forums that will show you that investors do their due diligence researching companies that they are going to invest in.  In the case of XPEL, many of them visit shops that install XPEL film in their local market to get a better understanding about us as a company and how the marketplace works.  

What our shops charge to do full fronts is public knowledge, and it is consistently at the top of the pricing curve in the region.  In the one case that we found out out that a shop manager went outside of our pricing structure, he was corrected and told that his very job depended on doing things the XPEL way and maintaining our values of quality over price.

To be honest, this thread is kind of fun, as it's pretty much the only source of drama in my pretty normal life.  Better yet, it has given us a platform to discuss what we do for our customers. The only thing that is regrettable, is that it was time spent that every one of us could've spent better serving our customers.

Jeff, you are not raining on my parade. I have all the work I can handle using a better film from a company that doesn't have questionable business ethics. YOU have lied directly too me on numerous occasions to include opening shops in Houston, Austin, and other locations after that. So I am sorry if I do not believe you when it comes to how you guys screwed Chris over. I have never caught him lying to me as I have with you so he has what is called "credibility". So deny the facts all you want but I wouldn't believe a word you say. I also have installers from all over the country who have either called me or messaged me speaking about your tactics in the new markets you have expanded to. So it isn't just me. This thread was started to get YOU and other Xpel reps to put in writing your response to what is going on.... all because of the lies I was told by you over the phone. So if anyone's parade is getting rained upon it will be Xpel's. Your companies reputation is starting to get out and vehicle owners will not do business with a company with business practices such as Xpel's. And as installers continue to get screwed and have business taken from them they will drop your products. Me personally I do not use your film as it isn't the best on the market. Sure you have great patterns but your pricing on them is so high its ridiculous. With the volume of work I do I would easily spend $5000 a month in cutting fees when I am able to get patterns that are (for the most part) just as good, more easily editable, and at one flat rate.

This thread was started to get YOU and other Xpel reps to put in writing your response to what is going on.... all because of the lies I was told by you over the phone. 

Then isnt the thread pointless when you've mentioned a number of times your not going to believe a word that Jeff or Xpel say. I want you to put it in writing so i can get your side of things but then im not going to believe what you say  :blink

To me Jeff pointed out how smart some Chris guy was to not do his research about someone else already doing the work. It was actually quite funny to read that. Maybe instead of looking embarrassed it was easier for this Chris guy to tell his 'mates' that he lost it because of Xpel lol

Sorry but this thread is 17 pages of going round in circles about the same thing. Dont things need to be said and then explained once only? The only people that have the poer to do anything is the installers that read and hear about things they disagree with. A vehicle owner sure as hell couldnt give two squirt about the ethics of a product they are about to get installed and i imagine would be bored when someone sits there and tells them about it when they enquire, and a dealership not going with a product because of ethics and tactics hahahaha come on now, have you not seen the stuff dealerships do, they are certainly the last to say 'oh we are not going to go with the Xpel product due to Xpel cutting off installers'. I guarantee they have looked at whether its worth putting their own installer on to cut each and every one of us out.

There is enough in the first couple of pages to get the job done guys or are we going for some sort of page record....

WOW...I have read this entire 17 pages and this is what I have to say. I have met Kevin at Iconic Applications and I think he is an AWESOME person. As a shop owner, I do not like the manufacturers being installers business model. I am interested in the XPEL product, training and business development, but now I feel like I have something more to think about.

This thread was started to get YOU and other Xpel reps to put in writing your response to what is going on.... all because of the lies I was told by you over the phone. 

Then isnt the thread pointless when you've mentioned a number of times your not going to believe a word that Jeff or Xpel say. I want you to put it in writing so i can get your side of things but then im not going to believe what you say  :blink

To me Jeff pointed out how smart some Chris guy was to not do his research about someone else already doing the work. It was actually quite funny to read that. Maybe instead of looking embarrassed it was easier for this Chris guy to tell his 'mates' that he lost it because of Xpel lol

Sorry but this thread is 17 pages of going round in circles about the same thing. Dont things need to be said and then explained once only? The only people that have the poer to do anything is the installers that read and hear about things they disagree with. A vehicle owner sure as hell couldnt give two squirt about the ethics of a product they are about to get installed and i imagine would be bored when someone sits there and tells them about it when they enquire, and a dealership not going with a product because of ethics and tactics hahahaha come on now, have you not seen the stuff dealerships do, they are certainly the last to say 'oh we are not going to go with the Xpel product due to Xpel cutting off installers'. I guarantee they have looked at whether its worth putting their own installer on to cut each and every one of us out.

There is enough in the first couple of pages to get the job done guys or are we going for some sort of page record....

Again fanboy keep posting... I am sure when it starts happening in Australia you will feel differently. You've made it clear from your first post that you have very limited experience in PPF and you are not even in the area where installers are being effected. I have met Jeff in person and the rest of the XPel Group when I went to San Antonio. Jeff came across as a great guy so it was very disappointing when he lied to me.... and even more so when he denied it. So basically you keep jumping in for no reason seeing how you are not even remotely close to whats going on. So why don't you move on and mind your own business??? By the way I can tell you I personally know of many people who will not buy Xpel products because of their lack of ethics and their business practices. maybe you Aussies do not care (which I find that hard to believe since I lived there for two years) but people here are tired of seeing large business's screw over the small guys. So when this information gets out there it opens their eyes so they can make a decision not only based on the quality of the product but also of the quality of the company.  And as an installer I would NEVER support any business that has a reputation like that... I do not even do business with dealerships here that have poor reputations.  New installers will see this and at least know that if they do business with Xpel this is something they could possibly expect to see.

Ocala the point of this thread was to get it out in the open. If you go back through this there are multiple installers who have had issues with Xpel moving into their areas and taking their accounts... installers that promoted Xpel. There are other installers who have been lied to like myself... and no I do not carry Xpel anymore... this being a very big reason why, Second that I feel Suntek is a better product. So installers like yourself or others looking to get into the business need to know the ethics of the company they are about to jump in with.

Archived