Anyone still use ASWF excel?

We started using it 2.5 years ago at my dads shop along with their retro line. We offered the retro with a 2 year warranty despite its lifetime manu. warranty because it wasnt color stable. And excel as a small upgrade COLOR stable lifetime as the manufacturer gave us. My question is has anyone had the same problem as we have?

EXCEL- weve had several cars comeback due to adhesive failure. No one due to color loss or change. Actually i have 50% all around including windshield on my civic and its the same as day 1. Thats being said its hard to tell because 50% is so light. Recently ive had no real comebacks however with this film.

RETRO- i would stay away. Its adhesive failure has been far worse than the excel. In as little as 6months. Its not a color stable film but its turned a deep purple in less than a year! Still most people havent come back as the warranty is only two year from us. We still stay pretty busy because of our quality work but after we finish our last few rolls we are going to discontinue using retro.

Has anyone had the same issues with EXCEL as i have? Or anyone had longer term experience? We received a sample from express classic black and thats the direction i think we are going to go in....that being said, ASWF has treated us well and sent free samples of anything i want to try, theyve sent several 10 foot banners, free film displays all for free as well, free shipping on orders above 500$ and have try to have everything next day or even saturdays if we need it etc, i wouldnt want to leave them all together. But the overall reviews on here lead me to believe that i should look for different man.... Comment if you have any info thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had lots of problems with the Excel 50% having optical distortion right out of the box. All shades of excel are subject to end of roll impressions that cause optical defects in last ten feet. (IMHO)

I have excel 5% 20, and 35% on my cars for last two years. So far they look acceptable.

Customer service is great, but I haven't a clue how they would warranty automotive failures should they start to arise.

Your right about the end of roll distortion, happens a lot. With all their lines of film I've used.

Hopefully i will get some more replies...

I will say though the color of the excel is something i do like a lot, especially the 15 looks real nice imo

Do you still use it?

We got a sample of express classic black, i think thats the direction we are going to go. The solar fx is really nice as well. I think another guy said it on an earlier thread about new films also, im going to wait at least a year or two more to see how it holds up over time. Nice product though. For now gonna try my luck with express!

You ain't going wrong there.

Sincere thanks for the plug there - jh812.

These Global/Garware based films are a good choice if you don't want to take chances.  They are rock solid, proven, durable.  We sell them in the harshest climactic regions on the planet.  You just can't kill them.

-Howard

We got a sample of express classic black, i think thats the direction we are going to go. The solar fx is really nice as well. I think another guy said it on an earlier thread about new films also, im going to wait at least a year or two more to see how it holds up over time. Nice product though. For now gonna try my luck with express!

Hi Vteckid,

Howard here.   I just want to be sure we have your account flagged as a board member.  I think I know who you are but I am not 100% sure.  Please shoot me an email when able so I can take care of it on this end.     howard@buytint.com

Thanks,

Howard

I live in Canada which is far from Florida weather and have been using ASWF excel for 4-5 years and have not have had any issues with the film. The color looks great and it is easy to work with. My girlfriends car is one of the first ones that i have done with the film and it hasn't changed one bit. The company is young and went through some growing pains where i've had a few bad rolls in the past but my supplier took care of me. That said I've had bad rolls from other brands in the past from llumar, suntek, madico and solarguard. I wouldn't use the ASWF Retro line because it does turn purple but so did the suntek std and hp that i used to use and yes i've had to use llumar jt in the past and that was purple right out of the box. I am definitely happy with the film and my supplier and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Archived