Anyone still use ASWF excel?

Thanks for the replies guys! I contacted two shops I found used ASWF excel by searching youtube. Neither were recommended shops by ASWF so I assume were unbiassed. They said they have had no problems for the past 3 years, one guy is in marina del rey CA, the other in Texas.

Makes me wonder if all the bad experience was from some of the first few batches of the film. Still my experience hasn't been the best with ASWF either. I placed a sample of the EXCEL on a piece of 12inch glass 3 months ago that i secured on the roof of our house. I assume it will be in the sun almost the entire day. Ill see how it looks in a year or two lol

Btw, does this sound like an okay way to test color stability without using the film on a personal car? Seemed right to me as the piece of glass will be in the sun most of the day 7 days a week.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im trying to finish what I have left of the film. Then no more untill I see what happens to the sample.

I have to admit I like the color of their excel a lot especially their 15% and 20% I will only start using it again if I see no major change in the sample though.

For the price, quality, and selection, I think I am going to go with Express this time around.

I cant wait to try their ceramic, only have had my hands on their classic black, very nice film.

And yes the adhesive seems to go first in ASWF lonh before color/fading isues. Had more come backs for adhesive than fading. Actually most people ive talked to dont noticed some fading especially when they see their cars every day.

But a finger or bubble draws attention quickly.

Id rather have a film slightly fade than to develope bubles and start peeling over time.

i tried Impulse and Performer. Junk! throw it away!

I never tried impulse. I never cared for the color. It doesn't look like it would match factory tint, too charcoal reflective. The performer on the other hand, I like and matches factory really well never had any issues with it except for a few rolls that curled. It's very similar to ATR and you will never have issues with signals. I was at Sema and finally got to visit the factory. It was a great tour. All the raw materials are made in the U.S. and the 1 pass machine they use is state of the art WOW. I met people from Texas and Arizona who have been using Excel for years now and love it. Like I said, up here in Canada the film has been really good to me so I won't think of changing any time soon. Plus all the guys at Parasol Canada are great and take care of me so what more can you ask for. Haters keep hating!!!!!

I don't give a %&$# if you keep using that stuff. I been in this for almost 30 years and I do way more research than you would think. I was at SEMA this year also. I attended both Llumar and Johnson window film SEMA parties. At both those parties I mingled with lots of installers all over the country. At that party I was particularly paying attention to what regions of the country they were living in. With Llumar. Everyone from everywhere was pretty happy, and so were most of the people that use Johnson . ASWF threw A bash at SEMA at their factory two years ago which I toured and they were great people. At that party, most the people I talked were saying they were at the party to get back some of their money they they lost in redoing cars by eating and drinking all their food, i walked right passed their booth this year.. It pisses me off that you're calling someone a hater when they actually install tint in a climate that ages it quickly. I suggest you get off the Internet and talking shit and get back to window tinting!

You can't judge window film durabilty in cool climates, they need be tested in the hot climate like were im located.

i have done adhesive tests by baking windows to check boiling points, the 4 ply the tint and see what color it looks like in the sun, and try to rip the scratch resistant coating off with gorilla tape.... and after all that testing, i am using the product that held up best in all 3 tests.  And with that said, i have the last 20 years of business with less than 1% redo work, before that it was up to 40% at times.  I dont like to retint cars. i would have been out of business if i did.

i used to use and yes i've had to use llumar jt in the past and that was purple right out of the box.

Using jt Llumar was a mistake . A greater mistake is judging Llumar as a whole based on this line of tint. Since your from Canada I feel that I can speak on the suppliers behalf when I say that the only reason they carried Jt is to cater to the lower , budget minded tinter and end user customer. That tint was never meant to compare or hold up like the better constructed , regular tint they sell , manufacture . It's also why it didn't come with a good warranty . They never passed it off as a good end tint , I think they realized their mistake in carrying it in the first place and is why they no longer cater to the budget minded tint buyer.

Llumar ATR has been a fantastic tint over the years that as been proven over time . I've been able to track cars over many years that are not garage parked over with very very little colour fading change and never delaminating / peeling issues .

I'm not plugging or promoting this particular tint , just sharing my personal experience with it . I'm just saying not to judge a company by one particular line of tint and wanted to educate / clarify on JT line when it comes to judging Llumar . :thumb

Hey TintWizard, I was just trying to say you get what you pay for when comparing Llumar JT, Suntek STD and ASWF Retro. To me they are all the same. You can't form an opinion on a company as a whole from these entry level films.

Dr. Chop, I didn't want to piss you off. Maybe you can try testing Excel again. I think the film has improved by leaps and bounds from years ago and you can post your results. I will get back to tinting. After all these years tinting I never thought I'd be reading or posting on forums.

Archived