Anyone still use ASWF excel?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt think i would get this many replys! Apreciate the feed back. Yes ive had lots of adhesive failure with the retro, and a bit with the excel. I did notice that when they raised their prices almost two years ago, they explained it was because they were using a better scratch coat and all around better raw materials now.

Despite all the negatives, i feel i have to say that ive tried half a dozen films in the past 2-3 months, and the excel has by far the best color. A true charcoal, truely NON-REFLECTIVE, not green, not brown, not orange, not blue, or shiny, just a true charcoal black both looking inside and on the outside of the cars. It also shrinks great, not as good as the EWF charcoal 1.2(qdp) but still very good. I wish they had a better adhesive, then the excel would really be of the top films, maybe they will fix or change their source of adhesive in the coming years.

Yeah, not pissed at anyone here. Just myself for ever trying anything other than what I use now, twenty years with almost no redo work and I listen to a song and dance from ASWF and bam!, about twenty redo jobs in a year and a half. Just glad I barely used it at all. Performer was their higher end product both Impulse and Performer purple in less than a year. SCR was falling off some in a few months. I am gonna stay with my brand from now on, just wanted to try and save a few people some grief. With all the technology in this world, I find it so hard to believe there is so many crappy films out there. Then again, they wouldn't be crappy if people stopped buying from them. I run a high end tint shop where people don't mind paying a little more, so therefore, I don't mind paying good money for a good tint.

i used to use and yes i've had to use llumar jt in the past and that was purple right out of the box.

Using jt Llumar was a mistake . A greater mistake is judging Llumar as a whole based on this line of tint. Since your from Canada I feel that I can speak on the suppliers behalf when I say that the only reason they carried Jt is to cater to the lower , budget minded tinter and end user customer. That tint was never meant to compare or hold up like the better constructed , regular tint they sell , manufacture . It's also why it didn't come with a good warranty . They never passed it off as a good end tint , I think they realized their mistake in carrying it in the first place and is why they no longer cater to the budget minded tint buyer.

Llumar ATR has been a fantastic tint over the years that as been proven over time . I've been able to track cars over many years that are not garage parked over with very very little colour fading change and never delaminating / peeling issues .

I'm not plugging or promoting this particular tint , just sharing my personal experience with it . I'm just saying not to judge a company by one particular line of tint and wanted to educate / clarify on JT line when it comes to judging Llumar . :thumb

ATR is a great film and so is the CTX. I don't know why they did that Jet thing for a little bit, that was entry level tint which I never tried because I don't chase the cheap clientele.

ATR is a great film and so is the CTX. I don't know why they did that Jet thing for a little bit, that was entry level tint which I never tried because I don't chase the cheap clientele.

It was a dual mistake on their end IMO. Jt didn't make a new potential user of Llumar want to use the company , regulars of Llumar had no use of downgrading the quality they were use to for the sake of a few $$ per car. I believe that's why it was a flop and a mistake carrying it in the first place

Sorry to bump perhaps a dead topic but is this film any good. My local installer uses this and quoted 310 for all windows including the front for $310 It sounds like he uses the Excel IRP line.  They said it was a Nano particle film and that is the only one that I could find from this brand.

Archived