Tint Scam!!!!!BEWARE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had ones similar. Yellow pages listed my vehicle wrapping under car restoration as they didn't know the correct spot to put it.

Got an email from someone that had just purchased some sort of old classic car and wanted a full restoration. I advised I do not do restorations but could help out with wrapping. The next few emails went along the lines of sorry we cant speak on the phone as I am deaf, can you please store my car and organise people to restore it and I will pay for it blah blah blah.

Had 2 different ones since.

The issue isn't people are falling for them it is the time you waste to determine it is a scam as in my case it didn't start off seeming like one.

Sent: Monday, 16 February 2015 1:23 PM

To: Tint Ur Ride

Subject: Re: WINDOW TINT

Thanks for your reply,

Sorry i didnt let you know i am hearing impaired and i am at the hospital at the moment and i am ready to undergo a double cochlear implants surgery for my impairment in some very few days,so this is the best way to communicate.I will be very glad to have you in for the free check and quote my address is 7 Maurene Crescent Charlestown NSW 2290.The Removals Company will be coming with my keys when they are bringing in the Electronics as they are helping me move in my house furniture and all belongings from my former apartment to my new home.

The removalist shall contact you regarding their delivery on my site and hand over my keys to you.so i shall send you my credit card details for deposit payment as soon as you have a concrete quote for the job,so that you can have an upfront to work on.

Kind Regards

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Tint Ur Ride wrote:

Wow small world, my aunt lives on that street.

Our quote for window tinting is $160 square metre + GST for solar film and we have a sale on our decorative films at $195 sq metre these are for a premium quality decorative film and look stunning, would this be in your price range?

We will require a deposit prior to ordering any film.

Cheers, 

Sent: Monday, 16 February 2015 2:24 PM

That sounds good, the price range is very much okay i shall write the removalist to let them know and i shall keep you posted as regards their movements aswell

OK, so what is part2 of the scam?

Normally a scam artist will fleece you and disappear, how would tinting a bricks and mortar and providing even a stolen credit card benefit the scammer? There has to be a part2 to the scam

Sent: Tuesday, 17 February 2015 11:37 AM

Good morning,i hope your day has started on a bright note,i have informed the removalist that you shall be in my house for the quote,they will be coming with the keys to my house on Friday 20th of February by 1pm,so i have arranged with them to move in my belongings that day.

Also i would be grateful if you can render me a favor,because i have not paid the removalist bringing in my belongings due to the fact that they do not have a credit card facilities for payment and due to my present condition beyond my reasonable control,it wont be convenient for me to pay via other method that is why i really need you to assist me.

I would like you to charge $2400 on my credit card today,then you can take out $400 as your upfront and have the $2000 send to the Removalist for them to be able to move properties to my house asap.And after meeting with them on the site you can do proper inspection and go ahead with the quote.

I so much wish to pay them directly but i am at the hospital right now and will undergo a surgery soon for my hearing disabilities and i will want everything in place in my new house before i am discharged because i will be leaving to my new house to have a good home rest and continue with my post surgery treatment.

If you will agree to carry on with the job i can email you my card details and also the Removalist western union details for their payment.I hope you understand me well by putting my condition into consideration.Thanks

well there it is, he wants to transfer the money and get you to give them cash.....

kind of well played, theres no real way you can be charged, they can order the money back but you wouldnt have to realistically pay it back... the bank will.

i wouldnt try it unless all your taxes were done last annum though. 

I would suspect there would be more tinters who would write back saying "i know this is a scam lets work together" as opposed to someone really going out to do a quote.....

transferring the money to someone elses account then getting cash out is untraceable..... and so is western union believe it or not.....

if they do pull it off, they can earn a quid. but really, thinking about it.... having to send a couple goons out to get paid cash, all the mucking around, wouldnt be worth it.....

unless your not the only trade going to quote.... id imagine your one of about 50 tinters contacted.... including myself.....

id imagine they're getting a pool and marble benchtops and tiles etc too.

Maybe take the $400? the card owner isn't getting hurt? :twocents

i had a chat to the guys from the bank and you (the business) are liable as you have taken payment unseen, so the card holder or the bank can chase you for the funds... this is why it is dangerous to take payment over the phone.. any who i just string them along untill they give the poor saps card details...call the bank get em to cancel the card then i send the dodgy buggers a picture of a blue waffle.....gross i know but i get some great replies from them.....

i had a chat to the guys from the bank and you (the business) are liable as you have taken payment unseen, so the card holder or the bank can chase you for the funds... this is why it is dangerous to take payment over the phone.. any who i just string them along untill they give the poor saps card details...call the bank get em to cancel the card then i send the dodgy buggers a picture of a blue waffle.....gross i know but i get some great replies from them.....

hahahahaha  :lol2

but yes your right... you would be liable!

Archived