Shrinking rear glass with stickers?!

Guest 94turboteggy621

Guest 94turboteggy621

What's up guys so i just did my first rear window and damn...I have to say it's a lot harder then it looks...I found that the biggest problem i was having was all the damn stickers on the back window kept holding air bubbles and was giving me a hard time shrinking....needless to say I got so mad to the point i shrunk it as much as I could and sent it..and again needless to say it came out looking like Isis is gonna very soon for messing with merica....but yea...does anyone have any tips about stickers or am I just not shrinking right? Thanks guys!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When shrinking over stickers, try not to shrink directly on the sticker area, but above it and then below it, or opposite depending on where the sticker is at until you get everything as level as can be. Worse case, just inform the customer that their sticker might have to be removed in order to install the film properly. Most people could care less about a $3.00 sticker when it comes to a solid install of their window film. Hope this helps!

Sometimes it's easier to just blade them off if they're too big or the ends are curling up. Most of the time I just shrink over them and don't have any issues. As was said earlier, if you're worried about it just let the custy know you're going to have to remove them in order to have the film lay correctly.

just let the custy know you're going to have to remove them in order to have the film lay correctly.

And then get ready for the inevitable "Oh does the film go on the outside?" :D
Haha. My response is always "why yes! It does go on the outside. It's applied with 75mph glue so make sure you never break the speed limit". I usually let them ponder that with a bewildered look on their face. Then once they see me transferring it to the inside I crack a smile and let them know I was joking.

Archived