Shrinking rear glass with stickers?!

Guest 94turboteggy621

Today I tinted a 2012 Kia Forte. Super easy car. But it had big stickers all over the bottom corner. I just dry shrank the entire bg and had 0 issues with it on the install. If I was ever concerned I would 100% tell the customer I was going to have to remove them, then give them the info to the sign guy that makes all my shirts and banners.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 94turboteggy621

Yea idk maybe it was just me but the bubbles wouldn't stop it was very annyoing and as I said this was my first rear window shrinking. I also relized that the shrinking process i did was not right from what I've been reading.. I did not flatten the middle out first and I was not doing it in sections i was jumping all over the place..but thank you all for the responses.

Usually I can just shrink over them with no problems. If I'm in doubt, I tell them the stickers gotta go. On some occasions I've covered stickers with blue painters tape to smooth it out. The tape also works good to cover the holes left after removing struts on bg's.

Usually I can just shrink over them with no problems. If I'm in doubt, I tell them the stickers gotta go. On some occasions I've covered stickers with blue painters tape to smooth it out. The tape also works good to cover the holes left after removing struts on bg's.

The painters tape over the strut holes and/or curled up stickers is a really great idea!

Guest 94turboteggy621

I have a time lapse video on my phone of me doing it but idk how to upload it here...but yea the tape sounds like a good idea idk it was just such a nightmare all the fingers would almost get stuck then just bubble around them all..I really wanna give it another go but not to many people want tints around me :/ im kinda stressing this kid told me I can do his brand new 2015 infinit q50 but kinda nervous with that haha

I have a time lapse video on my phone of me doing it but idk how to upload it here...but yea the tape sounds like a good idea idk it was just such a nightmare all the fingers would almost get stuck then just bubble around them all..I really wanna give it another go but not to many people want tints around me :/ im kinda stressing this kid told me I can do his brand new 2015 infinit q50 but kinda nervous with that haha

You'll figure it out. Window tint is all about hands on and practice practice practice. If you need to you can pm me. We can exchange info and if I'm not super busy I can pretty much walk you through any issues you might have. I'm not a tint god but I've been doing it for a really long time.

Archived