Suntek - PPF C (Paint Protection Film – Coated) VS PPF NC (Paint P

It depends what kind of film is being used guys.

Not that I use it or sell it. But SunTek is one unique product and is different from most films out there, not that they make it in house. But under tests I get better results on non TC in installs even though TC was great. But both are acid resistance and would withstand acid rain.

What I would do is get the film a after installation coat it with a nano Titanium dioxide or nano silica coating that is suspended in alcohol, there are a few manufacturers around Inchon. Just to get that TC shine into the film which is noticeable on darker cars.

Trust me, it's not a decision based on cost.

Wow, I am not sure where you get your information from but your wrong about a lot of things. In 12 years of installing your the first person I have ever seen even attempt to explain why a non-coated film is just as good as a coated film. That's BS. Suntek doesn't even promote their non-coated film which should tell you all you need to know. The top coat is what is self healing and anyone that knows PPF will know that a non-coated film will yellow and damage easily. By the way they make their film in house. So not sure where you heard they don't but they are one of the few companies that make their own film.

There are various stages of manufacturing ppf:  

• Extrusion (taking raw urethane and forming into sheet/roll form)
  • Coating (adding adhesive, clear coats, liner, cap sheet, etc)
  • Slitting (trimming the uneven edges off of master rolls and breaking them down into smaller widths) 
  • Rewinding (spinning the film off of master rolls that are thousands of feet long and onto shorter rolls for resale, removing the cap sheet happens at this stage for films that come without one)

No ppf manufacturer does 100% of this under their own roof.

Another note:

A company's non-TC film may be "unique" in that the cross linking or adhesive may differ from another brand of non-TC film, but the fact is that raw urethane that is extruded and not coated will perform with rather consistent results when it comes to stain and chemical resistance, regardless of the name on the box.

True Jeff,

But how it is extruded makes a huge difference as you know. That's why you have higher quality against some Asian. Right?

Plus, some films started adjusting heat and adding certain polymers to urethane during extrusion.

And some topcoats don't last long. And what you might apply as I previously mentioned might be more effective.

While there is some variation in non TC films (and it is certainly true that all top coats are not created equal), non-tc films will consistently underperform a coated product.  For the industry's sake, I hope the testing you have done results in some vast improvements in film performance, but I think you will find that even SunTek would reccommend against using their non-TC products in Korea.

A flourinated film w/o a TC maybe, but not a simple non-TC.

Archived