Cornelius tank pressure release valve malfunctioning

My Cornelius tank pressure release valve is malfunctioning an basically is releasing the pressure. Does anyone know how to fix the issue? 

It looks like it is made onto the lid and the valve itself can't be removed unless I am mistaken.

They have a thread, like a screw. Make sure its tight, if not you can buy a replacement maybe the o ring is going out on it.

That was it, the plastic part was not screwed in tight. Thanks FBO and TintZeus an extra valve stem to keep on hand would be a good idea.

Blackwolf, I mostly use mine for commercial and residential jobs but some folks use them on auto as well. For auto I use my Corny for any spraying on the outside of the car but use the spray bottle on the inside. Sometimes I just use the bottle.

Thanks guys for the responses

Now, lets get to work

Ok. I just use a bottle as well. Wasnt sure what the benefits were, other than a steady stream of water, or possibly a better filtraton of the water.

Both a steady stream and better filtration can be an advantage if you have the right set-up. On large commercial windows it is a huge advantage IMHO.

That plastic threaded valve will fail in time.  Ive had two fail.  Go ahead and buy an metal air valve.  Cut off the threaded "hood" of the current pop valve, and drill out the hole (if needed) and install the new air valve.  The pop valve is just a safety measure, but not needed, as it just makes the tank idiot proof.  The only downside it relieving the pressure easily, but all you have to do to relieve the pressure is depress the "button" on the air intake valve.  It releases really fast.  By doing this, you will no longer need the attachment to fill the tank with air, which makes it handy.

That plastic threaded valve will fail in time.  Ive had two fail.  Go ahead and buy an metal air valve.  Cut off the threaded "hood" of the current pop valve, and drill out the hole (if needed) and install the new air valve.  The pop valve is just a safety measure, but not needed, as it just makes the tank idiot proof.  The only downside it relieving the pressure easily, but all you have to do to relieve the pressure is depress the "button" on the air intake valve.  It releases really fast.  By doing this, you will no longer need the attachment to fill the tank with air, which makes it handy.

Hmmm TJ , I never thought of it that way , I filled the release valve with epoxy , let it dry and drilled another hole for the air valve . Oh well it's worked for many years . Good Advice!!!!

Archived