had my first picky customer today, asked for a re-do

hi guys, welp i knew this day would come sooner or later.....i did a car for a coworker and i got 2 tiny specks in close to the sideview mirror......on a newer ford f150 with the side windows that dip down.......i tried harder than normal to do it better for this person. i left a less than 1/8 gap at top of window and no light gaps anywhere, did my normal cleaning routine and everything......rounded corners and everything

i think sometimes people like to complain just to see if they can get what they are complaining about....

so i gotta redo 1 window and they want the 3 inch sunstrip redone.....im not even sure what she is complaining is wrong with that one.....it looked fine when i checked it twice........(once when done and  then 10 hrs later)

ugh......anyhow, off to do a nissan juke tonight....

i seriously felt just as good about this job as i did any other one i turn out...... :krazy

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys, welp i knew this day would come sooner or later.....i did a car for a coworker and i got 2 tiny specks in close to the sideview mirror......on a newer ford f150 with the side windows that dip down.......i tried harder than normal to do it better for this person. i left a less than 1/8 gap at top of window and no light gaps anywhere, did my normal cleaning routine and everything......rounded corners and everything

i think sometimes people like to complain just to see if they can get what they are complaining about....

so i gotta redo 1 window and they want the 3 inch sunstrip redone.....im not even sure what she is complaining is wrong with that one.....it looked fine when i checked it twice........(once when done and  then 10 hrs later)

ugh......anyhow, off to do a nissan juke tonight....

i seriously felt just as good about this job as i did any other one i turn out...... :krazy

Take the bad with the good, we've all been there, no matter how good your work is someone will find something if that's what they're out to do. I just smile and thank them profusely for bringing it back to me so I can make it right. Every time they say "Thanks for fixing it" I say "No thank you for letting me fix it" 

Odds are when you redo it, it will have a small spec or two (like any other window) but they will be in a different spot. Hopefully she will get over herself in the time it takes her to find the new spot, or maybe she'll have some other service performed and busy herself with complaining about that. After all, you probably took the heat off the guy who changed her oil last month and her "truck just hasn't run right since".....or something like that..... :lol2

Done good so far if that's the worse you've come across yet. Don't let it get ya down. :thumb :thumb

Yeah. Sometimes women suck. And if you find a good one she will do it all the time.

And on that note....Welcome back Blackwolf :lol     

Man has got a point though....:dunno

:D

Can they see it from 5ft away?

I would say no you cant see from 5 ft away....its 2 tiny specks near front edge.......I think im gonna ask politely where the mark is and offer to give it another shot at doing it......she has got me other work......ill try again to make it right.

I really think she just wants to see if I fix it.......

good one black wolf :lol

Archived