Holy bubbles!

OK guys I need some help. Reverse rolling a door on a store front. First time i tinted it i scraped twice and squeegee twice. No customers go through awesome! I blue Max twice then paper towel with five way. I start seeing specs in the window, take a look outside and sure enough scattered throughout the whole window mainly the top 8 inches. I rip it off and cut another piece. Scrape again squeegee twice black turbo around the edge roll the film on and same thing. Can anyone give me an explanation to this? Thanks for the help guys.

Its running out from the gaskets. Get a lint free towel and an easyreach type tool. Use this to go back behind the gaskets. Now when you go to stick, use little mist on the glass and soak your film. This helps to not flush crap out of the gaskets.

When you spray the glass, don't spray the top.  Spray the top part of the film instead.  As soon as you place the top, squeegee it in place.  Hopefully you already have a nice straight top edge when you cut the film.  

There is also a possibility that the glass is pitted.  You will know if it is when your scraper makes a crunchy sound on the glass.  If thats the case, don't scrape it at all, and use a scrub pad to clean.  If you use your scraper on this type of glass, it will only scratch the crap out of it.

So when i scraped it i didn't feel anything. The other windows i did but they came out fine. I didn't spray the top edge of the glass. I didn't lock it down. I'm already using microfiber towels but not really on the glass.

I feel it has got to be from the reverse roll. I'm rolling it liner in. Roll completely up, unroll about 12 inches with liner still on. spray the liner roll back up peel about an inch of liner spray film. Then unroll about 6 inches spray film again. Spray door bottom to top minus about an inch. Place top of film on glass then roll down. See anything wrong with any of this.

I don't know if you want to try this-but it works for me....I usually set the roll right in front of the door. I prep the door. Then I lightly mist it. I pull the film directly from the box onto the glass. I pull the liner, wet the film and flip it. Believe it or not it really comes out clean. And makes life a lot easier.

Less water is key. And try to to spray any water on the edges. Working with dry adhesive film requires much less water then ps adhesive. I precut all my flatglass jobs. Depending on gasket type. I will sometimes cut the side to side exact, and leave just a bit to trim off the bottom.

:yeah Trust the razor to taking up stuck on contaminates in one pass. Doing more than one is futile. Look at other potentials of contamination found in what has been mentioned thus far and film handling.

When I clean a rubber set commercial frame window.

First either trim or remove the gaskets.

Second spray the window and go around the edges with a scuff pad. They are like a sponge for dirt and will pickup contamination.

Third either scrape or scuff pad the entire window. It is always best to test a lower corner of a window with your blade before scraping the whole thing.

Fourth I will use a lint free towel to dry the top and both sides.

Fifth use a black turbo to squeegee the top edge and one side of the window.

Sixth using my black channel squeegee, I will start at the top and squeegee the window from top to bottom or aide to side depending on the shape of the window. Be sure to wipe the blade of your squeegee after every pass.

Finally use the black turbo to dry and remove any water remaining around the edges.

Now you can ready your piece of film to roll. The very last thing I do is to lightly spray the window before snapping the film to position it on the window. Also remember placement is very very important. Just as it is with auto tinting.

Hope this helps man. :beer

Archived