Holy bubbles!

Cutting it off the film handler. I line the top edge up. Don't have to trim it. These aren't near the edge is more like 6 to 8 inches down. I've done this before without problem. The only thing i changed was the towels. I'm going to go back to the ones i was using a see if that fixes it.

I know this was started almost 2 months ago but I know what the problem is. It's the glass not an issue with your installing. I had the same issue with some glass I was doing for a glass company I do work for here locally.

When certain glass is made & I believe it's the tempered glass. One side is in the mold & the other side has no mold against it, basically it air cools. The mold side is smooth & the other side will get pits in it. You can't see it to the naked eye but they're there. I could feel it when I went to scrape the window with my Triumph but not always. It drove me crazy until I asked & that is what I was told.

I hope this helps.

Better known as fabrication debris. It will contribute to a window film install speckled look and will also create fine scratches if not heavy as you go during the scrape.

Tempered isn't made in a mold except maybe in automotive glass. Fabrication debris can be found on both sides of Architectural glass these days, it depends on the cleanliness of the tempering oven, it's staging area, the rollers the sheet is passed along to the oven, etc. If it turns out smoother on one side it is because one is cleaner than the other, either the rollers are or the air space above the sheet is cleanest. 

Tempering use to take place in oven where the glass was suspended from one or two edges. This is notable when the glass is removed. You will see large melt marks from the pinch.

Archived