So i stripped my windows

Ive tried using a triumph...couldnt get enough a$$ behind it. I dont care for the 4" because of how wide and heavy they are. In FL a lot of the windows are thin single pane...barely held in the frame by 30yr old caulk...using a 1" allows me to be very careful around the edges of the windows. Twice Ive had the scraper skip off the tint and dig into the frame...and then I had to replace the glass. Im ok with using a 1" and taking some extra time and not damaging the glass. But thats just me...and lately the flat glass jobs are a rarity.

Once the film is removed I use my Triumph to get all the glue off. I do like the black box Triumph blades over the white box. I guess theyre rust resistant. Its nice to be able to leave a blade in the holder and not go to use it again and have it covered in rust!

The ones that don't rust are stainless, the other type is carbon. It seems as if the carbon blades are sharper, but can scratch the glass easier and need to be thrown out after use. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went at it this morning with the single edge razor took a while but i got it.

What! :krazy Brave, mad or too much time on your hands I can't decide which, but I'm glad it worked out for you.

You need to put some ass behind it guys. :lol 6" will take it off, you'll go through some blades for sure, but it will take it off.

I used to use a 4" but it has been siting idle for awhile. Just go animal on that sh*t. :thumb

^ This :D

Archived