I think it's time to quit.

Guest 94turboteggy621

I won't openly bash tint school on here. But the only way you can really learn is through real life hands on experience. Tinting at a tint shop that does several cars a day. Go around to some local shops. Tell them you have some basic experience. Try to land some part time work. Maybe even offer some free weekend help at first. Then watch. Learn. Soak up everything you can. You can't become a good tinter overnight. A tint school won't make you a good tinter. This forum and YouTube won't do it either. But if you use all of those things I just listed to your advantage, and start doing it on a daily(or more regular basis), then one day you will become a good tinter. Then in a year or two you may become a great tinter able to tint anything that comes in front of you. Patience young grasshopper. :thumb

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't openly bash tint school on here. But the only way you can really learn is through real life hands on experience. Tinting at a tint shop that does several cars a day. Go around to some local shops. Tell them you have some basic experience. Try to land some part time work. Maybe even offer some free weekend help at first. Then watch. Learn. Soak up everything you can. You can't become a good tinter overnight. A tint school won't make you a good tinter. This forum and YouTube won't do it either. But if you use all of those things I just listed to your advantage, and start doing it on a daily(or more regular basis), then one day you will become a good tinter. Then in a year or two you may become a great tinter able to tint anything that comes in front of you. Patience young grasshopper. :thumb

Totally agree. School is just that. SCHOOL. A class is designed to introduce you to the basics and teach you the skills required.

You don't become a great driver by attending driving school. Sure a great teacher helps, but it's time on the road, among other great drivers that really locks in the skills.

And if it's any consolation turboteg, at the moment you want to give up because you can't tint very well yet.

In a few years you will be tinting well, have a great rep and you will be so busy that the work is grinding you into the ground. You will want to chuck it all in then too.

Then you will start employing other tinters to make your life easier, and believe me, if you didn't want to chuck it all in before, then this might really push you over the edge. :lol

Hey man I was in your shoes a couple months ago, I started tinting about 4 months ago and the first car that I have done was horrible and a nightmare. Took me forever to do and looked like a train wreck. Now I'm to the point of doing work on a daily basis and putting out good work. I've went through about 4 40" boxes of film learning but I'm now seeing results and the true colors of window tinting. I had a guy who else owns a local tint shop and I ran into him the other day who wants to hire me now full time for him (which obviously I'm not doing) lol. Chin up man, it will get better and easier and easier. I went and am still going through the learning curve but not having to redo windows generally and my heat shrinking is great and fast. Like I said I've only been tinting 4 months and this is the point that I'm at.. keep a positive attitude and remember it's just window tint not open heart surgery lol. Ya screw up just get a new piece!

Guest 94turboteggy621

Thank you everyone though for the support but yea I really do enjoy tinting A lot. I remember the very first time I did my friends jeep it was hard but I didn't mind neither did he ten i re did it prob 3 times and it came out pretty good he liked it and I liked it...I remember that feeling I had it felt so nice knowing I did that to a car mad it look so much better...but sadly that feeling has been going away with every new car i do..but im gonna go to my buddy's on Saturday take all the old tint off that car...il take some pics and show u guys..then maybe try to learn some from my friend and maybe find a shop willing to train me maybe work part time after my job there for a while...*fingers crossed* thank you everyone though

Thank you everyone though for the support but yea I really do enjoy tinting A lot. I remember the very first time I did my friends jeep it was hard but I didn't mind neither did he ten i re did it prob 3 times and it came out pretty good he liked it and I liked it...I remember that feeling I had it felt so nice knowing I did that to a car mad it look so much better...but sadly that feeling has been going away with every new car i do..but im gonna go to my buddy's on Saturday take all the old tint off that car...il take some pics and show u guys..then maybe try to learn some from my friend and maybe find a shop willing to train me maybe work part time after my job there for a while...*fingers crossed* thank you everyone though

The guy your going to help retint the vehicle with, see if he will let u hang in his place for a while and learn. After learning u will still get kicked in the sack on a few cars but eventually it gets easier. Every tinted has good days and bad days just remember that

Guest 94turboteggy621

The guy your going to help retint the vehicle with, see if he will let u hang in his place for a while and learn. After learning u will still get kicked in the sack on a few cars but eventually it gets easier. Every tinted has good days and bad days just remember that

Yea he said I can watch and stuff so im gina take advantage of that fully..and yea I understand that..take the good with bad..but yea it's just certin things that really get in my nerves and that mainly is shriking back glass..that's a really big pain for me..and cutting windows so there's no light gaps and when I put the tint in its not super long that I have to fight it to go in almost..

Archived