I think it's time to quit.

Guest 94turboteggy621

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you disagreed with what he said- then just stated what he said differently. Ok...that makes sense. Our points were that it takes time to become good at anything. Sure a school can help you learn some basics, but it still takes time to develop and hone those skills. If you go to a driving school, or even a tint school for that matter...you're overwhelmed with so much information that once you get behind the drivers seat or in front of a window with an olfa in hand-all the info goes out the window and your left asking yourself "what's the first step again?" I didn't go to tint school. I didn't go to driving school. I was bad at both when I first started. But over time I got better. I had people to learn from and ask questions to. It was all hands on. The only way you will ever become a great tinter or great driver-is by doing it over and over and over. That was my point.

Well... It's wrong to discourage anyone from going to a school when they are trying to learn and frustrated. ....

That just indicates that they are not fortunate enough to have resources available to answer questions... Hell.. Most the noobs don't even know what questions they need to ask! Hence the reason for schools :twocents

When I read these posts I don't actually see you disagreeing with each other.

Every school is going to turn out those that 'get it' and those that 'don't' .... Doesn't mean school is bad .... Just means the person needs to fill their tool box with a different set of tools and choose a different career ....

That is very well put TTS and I agree wholeheartedly. :thumb2 

Ok bro. You know everything. And you own the busiest tint shop in the world. I totally forgot about all that. My bad. :thumb

Wolf, that's just bitchy... we're allowed to have differing opinions :twocents

Huh ?? You've got issues Blackwolf !

When you have been in the trades long enough you start to see that just because someone has it in their head that they want to become something doesn't always mean they can.... Some folks have natural dispositions towards different things...

I'm not suggesting that the OP is not cut out for this by any means... Simply if the only thing standing between you and a life long career is a little time and a few hundred or a few thousand dollars they should do it and decide for themselves...

Every single problem the OP listed could have been avoided if they had went to a good tint school. They obviously have the drive to want to continue having used a entire roll of film on a car even after damaging it ...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you get to poorly try and discredit others that don't always agree with you ....

And actually I agree with a lot of what you said as teedub pointed out :P

I post that I'm slow. You make sure to rub it in my face that you "never have a slow day". I post that I think tint school isn't the greatest option for someone at that point in their career. You try to contradict me(which is fine, you're entitled to your opinion just as I am). I post a picture in pic of the week and you ask if I tinted it in a driveway, implying that the job looks like crap. You don't know me. You don't know my skill level or ANYTHING about me. You've been an A$$ towards me since I came back to this forum.

We are getting off the thread and hopefully td will clean this up.... (Please)

Once again... You are making assumptions about my posts that are opposite of the truth...

I never said we never had a slow day... You assumed that... I never said something was wrong with you for having one... You assumed that as well... I rubbed it in after you continued to be an ass about your assumptions.

I asked if the car was tinted in the drive and had some questions about it if you had... I have mad respect for people who can pull it off....

And I do think the schools are a great option ! I've literally spends 100's of thousands of dollars Learning a lot of what flat rock teaches in a week for a few ... I have reasons why schooling is a good option and I share them... I feel I would be remiss not to...

I'm sorry if you don't like my views on things... But you've got to get over being angry that I share them as you share yours

Well anyone can go thru the raffle threads and see exactly what you said. All in all I'm done debating with you. It's getting neither of us anywhere. I'm a grown man. I'm assuming you are too. Were both part of an amazing forum. Let's stop being childish and put whatever the heck happened behind us and move on. Ok? Plz?

Archived