2002 Buick Park Avenue

JG's Custom Auto

I am struggling with this one, so far I have three attempts on this back glass and all three have ended up with creases in the corners. I get the middle just fine and get the film worked down but once I get to the last 2-3 inches it like to get bunched up and I end up creasing it. I have done other back glasses that some say were difficult but this one has me stumped. Using the dryer sheet method and have adjusted my line on this last attempt higher, the first 2 I did and H this last one I did not. Using Llumar CTX 15.

Not a real hard back window to shrink.  Try shrinking the film evenly across the top instead of trying to smooth out one area at a time. Cut the pattern as large as you can on the top and sides to give the film more area to move. Also, If the Onstar antenna is attached to the glass, remove it so you are not trying to cut around and shrink with it in the way. If the customer doesn't use it, you won't have to worry about reinstalling it. If they do want it put back on, just use some double sided tape and put it back where it was.

It's my personal car and I already took Onstar antenna off since I do not plan on using it. Would you suggest using an H pattern on this back glass or just setting the anchor line? Should I go higher or lower with the anchor? I will try shrinking across the top and see how that works, I usually break it down into 4 sections and that has worked for me in the past. Do you suggest doing the top then moving to the bottom?

I anchor those in  a straight line middle of glass. Shrink the bottom first if ur having  issues there use the lift and pull method on the corners. Don't cut film till last. Let it overhang film towards the roof that way u can pull it down if u need to eliminate any creases. I'm in Ohio about an hour northwest of u if u need help I'm available

Archived