flat glass measure / bid forms

I'm doing more and more flat glass and was wondering if you veterans had a professional looking form / measure sheet/ contract that you use. So far I go in with my notebook and universal contract/bid book. I want to look more professional and honestly make it easier on me. As you all know, image is everything. Thanks in advance

Excel and Word are your friends.

Design your own, it doesn't take long and we all note things down in a way that we understand.

Personally I use two forms.

One I give to the customer to complete....How they found me, what they want to achieve by tinting their windows, basic personal info - email address, because I email quotes later either from my accounting program or on another form, so make that three forms.

The second one is my worksheet, formatted in the way I like to take measurements and to record glass and frame types and room id.

It's going to be hard to get anyone to just hand over their forms. We've all spent a lot of time in this industry and a lot of time making invoice/estimate sheets to our liking. It's like asking the Bush's Baked Beans guy what the secret recipe is. Use generic ones until you master MS Word. Then use the ones you make until you see an area they need to be improved upon. :thumb

It's going to be hard to get anyone to just hand over their forms. We've all spent a lot of time in this industry and a lot of time making invoice/estimate sheets to our liking. It's like asking the Bush's Baked Beans guy what the secret recipe is. Use generic ones until you master MS Word. Then use the ones you make until you see an area they need to be improved upon. :thumb

Yep :thumb

Yep :thumb

Too true!

I won't hand over mine but I'm happy to steer you in the right direction.

I think Howard has the global window films bid sheets available on his filmnow.com website under marketing materials if you want to look at theirs and see how they set them up as an example :thumb

Archived