Digitizing my paper work

Does anyone have/use/know any software thats is either tailored for our field, or can be used as such for record keeping on quotations and jobs?

Basically im wanting to know what other people have in the way of software which allows them to store specific information about a quote or job (glass type(s), film(s) used, frame type(s), or comments about the job for reference etc) so I can find fast information I need about a specific job, or customer.

All my invoices are done through MYOB and that's not an issue. I have customer info in there, but short of writing all this info on the invoice which looks messy, it's a painstaking process going through my original hard copy paper sheets finding out what film i used for a job, or how long it took, or any other special info i need. And i'm not sure how to link this info with MYOB efficiently.

I guess i need a window tinters database program, which will store everything needed for (primarily) flat glass works and automotive works.

How does every one else record their plethora of information on the computer for fast indexing etc?

I use Excel, Word, and Quickbooks. All the information pertaining to a job is in either, or all of those files.

I'm probably going to start using Act! to keep even better track of customers, esp. for companies I work with - glass companies, etc. 

Does anyone have/use/know any software thats is either tailored for our field, or can be used as such for record keeping on quotations and jobs?

Basically im wanting to know what other people have in the way of software which allows them to store specific information about a quote or job (glass type(s), film(s) used, frame type(s), or comments about the job for reference etc) so I can find fast information I need about a specific job, or customer.

All my invoices are done through MYOB and that's not an issue. I have customer info in there, but short of writing all this info on the invoice which looks messy, it's a painstaking process going through my original hard copy paper sheets finding out what film i used for a job, or how long it took, or any other special info i need. And i'm not sure how to link this info with MYOB efficiently.

I guess i need a window tinters database program, which will store everything needed for (primarily) flat glass works and automotive works.

How does every one else record their plethora of information on the computer for fast indexing etc?

MYOB will let you do all of those things, you just need to customise your forms.

Archived