dust spots tinted windows

Guest Logeese

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an appointment to get the front windows done Saturday. I am a little upset cause I noticed today the tint job they just did for replacement on Tuesday morning has the same type of clusters with dust spots! They look the same as the photo I posted above. I will give till Saturday for them to disappear incase i am wrong about it being dust but I really think I need to have them remove the tint and give me a refund.

I wouldn't expect a refund if I were you. You have the product and they did the work. Eventhough it sucks you're having issues with your tint, the transaction has already happened. Now it's up to them to honor their moral obligation to perform quality work. Let them redo the doors, ask them to please take their time. If you're still unhappy with the work you can contact the film manufacturer and ask them to give you the information to a more credible shop. Also don't forget about the majic of online reviews...if they give up and stop trying to make you happy write about it. On the flip side if they do everything they can to make you happy, and you end up a satisfied customer after this ordeal...write about that too. Every window tinter is capable of having a bad day, and remember we're applying an aftermarket plastic to your glass. Most of us do our best to make sure every job is treated the same and the outcome is quality...some do not.

Guest Logeese

I have canceled my appointment for Saturday. I have been waiting to speak with the owner before posting about it. there was damage done to my car during the replacement tint. I was told he would call me today. Well guess what he has not called! I just called them and they said he wont be in till next week to call back then. This shows me the type of shop this place is and getting more damage is not worth having my front windows redone. I have saved for so long to finally own new car and now I have a crappy tint job with scrapes and cuts. Here is a photo of my car and then the damage done while in there shop. Not sure why or how there is a cut in the glass for the front passenger window cause they didn't even replace it that day. Its deep and catches your nail if you run it along the window. 

post-38195-0-88606900-1412973991_thumb.jpg

post-38195-0-60222800-1412974090_thumb.jpg

post-38195-0-04824500-1412974432_thumb.jpg

post-38195-0-28647800-1412974476_thumb.jpg

On behalf of myself and every PROFESSIONAL window tinter out there-I sincerely apologize for your experience. There's no excuse for a window tint shop to operate like that. I'm not sure how your paint got scratched but the glass-more than likely they rounded the corners of the door patterns on your car instead of a peel board. I truly hope this nightmare doesn't sour your views of our industry. I know I don't speak just for myself when I tell you professionalism and customer service should ALWAYS come first. I really hope this shop does everything they can to try to rectify this situation.

I'm not defending the shop in any way because as far as tint goes they did a poor job. However is it possible that your glass was already scratched? When you have film installed on your glass it makes scratches really stand out. I've had to point out many times to my customers that the scratches on their windows are really going to stand out once there is darker film installed on it. Not saying this is the case but happens quite often. Nice looking car by the way :thumb

I'm not defending the shop in any way because as far as tint goes they did a poor job. However is it possible that your glass was already scratched? When you have film installed on your glass it makes scratches really stand out. I've had to point out many times to my customers that the scratches on their windows are really going to stand out once there is darker film installed on it. Not saying this is the case but happens quite often. Nice looking car by the way :thumb

He stated his car was brand new so I would be willing to bet the glass wasn't already scratched. However you do have a valid point as film under glass will make scratches more visible.

Was it new to him or a brand new car off the lot? His first post stated it was a 2013 so plenty of time for some wear and tear and scratches from who knows where. From the tint shop? Possible but it's also possible it could have been there already. Who knows for sure what happened. Sucks for all involved.

Guest Logeese

The car was a year old but new to me. With it being new we have totally babied this car washing it and waxing whenever its dirty so we know all the details to it. Please don't forget we had the windows tinted for 5 weeks prior to me taking it back for what I thought was air bubbles. Prior to taking it in we were all over the windows examining every detail cause I wanted to point out everything wrong to the guy at the shop. There was no cut in the glass at this time or even all those scratches under the window. First time I noticed the cut was driving home from the shop after they replaced the back window tint. Sure I guess we could have totally look past it and not noticed it for weeks but I don't think we did.

He stated his car was brand new so I would be willing to bet the glass wasn't already scratched. However you do have a valid point as film under glass will make scratches more visible.

. Ive seen many brand new cars with tobs of scratches. Especially on the back glass. Idk if its from snow removal or what

Guest Derek Medeiros

also, for being a new car... the paint looks quite swirled up and rough to begin with, a year old car? is it a lease return? leased vehicles are usually the most neglected, and looking at the swirl marks in the paint alone proves that to me.

the scratch on the glass def looks like its where he rounded off his edges, but why would he have that much pressure to cause that deep of a scratch in the glass, that's insane.

Archived