dust spots tinted windows

Guest Logeese

This tinter is a clown and shouldn't give up his day job in a circus.

Its very obvious that he never removed the door trim and gaskets as you can identify the shape of the conical finger of water/dirt contamination with his attempt to push it down and once it dried the dirt remaining has shown up.

Scratches on the  glass...guilty again.

Clown.

Refund, new glass, his cost.

devil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its very obvious that he never removed the door trim and gaskets as you can identify the shape of the conical finger of water/dirt contamination with his attempt to push it down and once it dried the dirt remaining has shown up.

Scratches on the glass...guilty again.

Clown.

devil

Definitely a hack. Get your money back and take it somewhere reputable. See who has the best reviews online and go there.

Scratches on the  glass...guilty again.

Clown.

devil

:copcar -------  Busted!!!  :yeah 

What kind of tape do you guys use for the gaskets?

The shiny red stucco tape from the Depot, I know Bron tapes and others make similar but I like the width , I can use it on tight rear decks I don't feel like taking out.

It's real aggressive adhesive and conforms to curves. Thats what I use . :thumb

Since that is not a frame-less window, the scratch looks really high up to be made from a tinter. I see scratches like this on cars that have a dealer lock box (key box) attached to it. So it may have been there before. Additionally, the door scratches in the paint look like they can be carefully buffed or wet sanded out, they are also not in a common place for damage.  

The tint job doesn't look so good though and there is a good possibility that the installer isn't used to working on that particular car. The lower moldings are pretty thick on that car and tough to tuck underneath if you don't have experience with it. Usually a shop has a couple of guys and one will have more experience than the other. You def got the newer guy. Tint is a small world and I would appeal to the owner directly to fix the bad tint.

Given your issues, if I were the owner I would offer you a refund and repair. I've given more for less.   

1 thing that I do not believe has been said about scratches on glass, after you put tint on the glass, flaws that were not visible before now become VERY visible, as far as scratches etc.  That dark background behind the glass now somewhat magnifies any flaws in the glass that literally could not be seen with the naked eye previous to the tint.  just an fyi

As far as the tint job itself, I am curious if you shopped around prices and went to the lowest priced guy by chance?  This does not look like a "seasoned veterans" work so to speak

The paint could likely be buffed in a matter of minutes in that area and would look scratch free.

Guest Logeese

Tint shop said they did not do any of the damage that all tools are rubber and they only use top of the line stainless steel for cutting tint. They also said they work on brand new cars and have never had any problems. We had the scratch fixed and are just living with the cut glass and poor tint job. The tint shop also said that dust is normal on windows and I tried to explain this is our 3rd time tinting windows on different vehicles and never had spots like this. All prior tint jobs were done in Ohio and were done right. We just moved to this state so I was unfamiliar with the shop. I did do google searches on the name of the shop before taking it in with no poor reviews. after the car was done and I found out owners name I did do a search just on his name and that's when the bad reviews came up. I will not be taking it back to that shop for removing or replacement.  Next trip to Ohio for visiting family I will schedule with the shop I know does good work.

Archived