Matte film on Matte paint?

Well, isn't that he same case with gloss too guys? It's very common in our industry to promote that the film is made for OEM paint jobs and there is a higher risk with repaints. There are cases, rare but they do happen, when we lift the clear on a glass factory car. There are some high end cars where the paint is softer and I know that BMW had some major issues with one of their new cars. I'm pretty sure it was the X5 a year ago and the paint was chipping too easily. We run the risk every day and it just so happens that matte is not as common as gloss so the pool of experiences of installing matte are far less than gloss which leads to a higher percentage of possible issues. 

It is certainly a choice and by no means am I saying you should or shouldn't. As business owners, you take risks and it's up to you to determine whether the risk is worth it. It's a great topic to continue exploring more about so other installers can be more informed which trickles down to educating the consumers in the process.

Well, isn't that he same case with gloss too guys? It's very common in our industry to promote that the film is made for OEM paint jobs and there is a higher risk with repaints. There are cases, rare but they do happen, when we lift the clear on a glass factory car. There are some high end cars where the paint is softer and I know that BMW had some major issues with one of their new cars. I'm pretty sure it was the X5 a year ago and the paint was chipping too easily. We run the risk every day and it just so happens that matte is not as common as gloss so the pool of experiences of installing matte are far less than gloss which leads to a higher percentage of possible issues. 

It is certainly a choice and by no means am I saying you should or shouldn't. As business owners, you take risks and it's up to you to determine whether the risk is worth it. It's a great topic to continue exploring more about so other installers can be more informed which trickles down to educating the consumers in the process.

The difference is that smooth clear coated paint can be cleaned with adhesive remover and withstands mechanical abrasion very well. Even if the paint becomes marred during the cleaning process, it can be polished. None of this can be said of factory satin/matt finish paints.

I don't give it a second thought regarding removing PPF.

I'm employed by my clients to install the film to protect there paintwork whether its matte or gloss.

If they ask about the removal later in its life I tell them its designed to lift off paintwork.

If the worsted happened then its down to the car/paint manufacturer and PPF manufacturers if its factory paint but down to

the client to inform me of any paint repairs.

Wouldn't be able to do this job if I worried about addressing things that may happen later.

:yeah  :yeah  As long as the customer is kept fully informed of the pluses and minuses he can make a decision, then the buck stops with them. If they chose matte paint then they chose all that comes with it as far as I am concerned. By all means send your matte customers my way... :D  :D

Steve