• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No advice for finding a decent tinter...but once you do offer him base pay vs. piece work/commission. That'll let him/her know you value their skills and also keep them from looking for another job. Also you dont want to be paying someone $30/hr to just sit around. So start the base pay out as the minimum amount they need to survive, then incorporate a commission/piece work pay. If you're paying hourly then there is no reason for a worker to meet deadlines and what could take one hour may take 3-4. I think some employers are afreaid of commission/piece work because the faster you go or more work you do-the more you make-the more chance to mess something up. However this isn't always the case...especially since you own the shop and have the ultimate control of the quality that leaves your shop. Just my :twocents

Basically a guaranteed amount every week, and if their commission or piece work pay exceeds the base pay then they get the latter. Not both...I had one employer that just couldn't figure out that conecpt to save her life...but thats story for another time...

Dang Dan, I'm a little further south in Portland Or.... Not so cold as Canada or Spokane but not Arizona! One of my tinters is becoming a fishing guild and another one is buying a dojo or whatever they call the places where you learn to fight. Both are going to want to work part time soon is my fear as a business owner. Five days a week at 30 percent of the take and about all the work you want to do..... At least all the work my present tinters want to do!

Tintin, wrapping and paint protection

Cheers

Stan

Paying hourly is the worst idea ever. If you want a good tinter that will stay around, you are gonna have to pay them commission.

Hourly mean the employee get paid no matter how much or little they work, so an employee will no strive to get in more work.

Commission works well because the employee is only being paid for the work being done, so if you have a motivated employee they will work more to male more money.

Your best bet is to find a well trianed tinter and pay them 35% to 40% commission.

Or hire someone who knows nothing, pay them minimal and only teach them how to assist you with minor tasks. This will allow you to get more work done per day.

Archived