Automotive reverse roll question

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to learn this.. I do it the old fashion wrong way apparently release liner taco that tint in my arms and lay it on

I don't think there's really a right or wrong way as long as you can do it clean. The reverse roll does work well though. I started off doing it on trucks then easy back windows. Did that for awhile then just decided to do it on everything and see how I liked it and now I'm glad I did.

I roll all Truck back glass. Most often after I shrink I'll spray inside of window, then peel liner, spray, fold one side almost to middle, fold other side almost to middle. Place on deck, unfold and apply. This works 90% of the time. On cars with head rests that aren't removable and windshields I roll.

I roll everything, even roll-downs. I roll all film as tight as possible. Once you get accustomed to unrolling tight rolls, it's easy, and the liner that is exposed to the clean glass, as you are unrolling, if doing it correctly, is the clean side of the liner that was just covering the adhesive. You don't have to worry about that touching your clean glass.

The only time I do a reverse roll for roll down windows is if I have a vehicle that will not fit in my bay and I am stuck doing the install outside. 

I have this little plexi board 28*36, I place it inside the car and peel/transfer, less than 2 feet, no issues with contamination.  Or, peel away from your body.  Everyone has a certain way of doing things, anything that works and leaves you satisfied is fair game.

I roll everything, even roll-downs.

Wow, even roll downs? I've never even heard of that. Seems tricky but sounds like it works for you :thumb

Yes. If you remove the panel/wiper, it works nice. I apply in a shop of mechanics, with open bays all summer, so this is how I keep them clean.

I posted a procedural, how-to with photos a few years ago on TD.

Archived